The Student Room Group

My Year 13 Journey to A*A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
**DAY 355**
As promised (though a day late), here is a rundown of my individual module scores for year 13:

FP1: 76/100 - B
FP2: 96/100 - A
FP3: 95/100 - A
M2: 100/100 - A
M3: 100/100 - A
S2: 95/100 - A
S3: 93/100 - A
Further Maths A Level: 562/600 - A*
[side note: due to doing 7 modules this year, S3 was not counted in my final total since the S2+S3 combo gave the lowest scores]

Physics Unit 3: 125/125 - A
Physics Unit 4: 118/125 - A
Physics Unit 5: 44/50 - A
Physics A Level: 474/500 - A*

Welsh Bacc: 285/300 - A*
Maths A Level: 583/600 -A* [this was cashed in again this year though no modules were swapped so the UMS remained unchanged].

Overall I'm very pleased with these results. I set out to get 4A*s, as the title of the thread suggests, and ultimately met that goal. I guess the only not so great result is FP1 though I knew from the day of the exam that I'd got a B grade in that, due to misreading an entire question.

I'll keep this thread going until day 365; I'm thinking that would be an appropriate ending to this journey. Thank you all for reading and supporting me throughout year 13. Good luck to those with GCSE results next Thursday!

Matt Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Congrats on some great results and best of luck at Imperial! Have read your thread on and off to try keep myself motivated, also ended up with 4 A* somehow haha.
Reply 282
How's your health?
People do their best to get into their jobs to survive in this world, because the world of today is very difficult. Is it really worth doing what they want us to?
We must also think of our health.
Take care.
WELL DONE!
Woah congrats on amazing results, all good Uni's! Im off to Exeter in September :smile: hope A2 goes well for you ! Literally I don't think i could go through the stress of Alevels again. Nearly killed me the first time aha. But seems like you're more than capable at acing it.

Check out my blog to see how i survive freshers haha
https://anonexeter.blogspot.co.uk/
Jeez Louise mate, well done. Care to include me as a footnote in your autobiography? ;P
How much sleep would you say you got per night on average during Y13?
Reply 286
Original post by 0arbute
Congrats on some great results and best of luck at Imperial! Have read your thread on and off to try keep myself motivated, also ended up with 4 A* somehow haha.

Wow! Congratulations on your 4A*s, its certainly not easy ahah. Thanks for reading my thread and good luck with your future studies. What do you plan on doing next?

Original post by Marrri
How's your health?
People do their best to get into their jobs to survive in this world, because the world of today is very difficult. Is it really worth doing what they want us to?
We must also think of our health.
Take care.
WELL DONE!

Thank you for your concern. I agree with you that health should be the top priority. I think I did a lot better this year at balancing my studies and social life; as a result I never felt too stressed at any one point.

Original post by ExeterAnon
Woah congrats on amazing results, all good Uni's! Im off to Exeter in September :smile: hope A2 goes well for you ! Literally I don't think i could go through the stress of Alevels again. Nearly killed me the first time aha. But seems like you're more than capable at acing it.

Check out my blog to see how i survive freshers haha
https://anonexeter.blogspot.co.uk/

oooo good luck with your studies at Exeter - the uni looks amazing and the campus is soooo green!!! I'm also going to uni this year (ICL) not into year 13! Send me a PM to let me know how you're getting on in Exeter. Ill be sure to keep up to date with your blog - have a good fresher's week mate!

Original post by Chichaldo
Jeez Louise mate, well done. Care to include me as a footnote in your autobiography? ;P

ahaha thanks mate! dont expect a book anytime soon though :P:P

Original post by JackP_
How much sleep would you say you got per night on average during Y13?

I'd say between 7-8 hours per night. Some nights would inevitably be a little less though I tried my best to get 7.5hrs most nights
Reply 287
**DAY 365**
It has been a whole year since I started this thread to document my journey throughout year 13. I'd firstly like to thank you for following my journey, whether you have read from the start or this is your first time on my thread. Posting my school life on TSR proved to be massively beneficial for myself; it acted as motivation to get work done and achieve what I set out to do! I hope that you guys have enjoyed following this journey just as much as I have enjoyed telling it. Today, the 365th update, marks the end of my year 13 journey. This will be the last update to this thread, though I will of course reply to any questions or queries for the next few months at least.

I will be starting a new thread today to document my first year of university at Imperial College London. That thread will follow much the same format as this one, though I hope to keep the updates a little more consistent throughout the year (depending on workload and stress levels). If you'd like to follow my journey at university, please follow this link to read my first post.

And so, I must draw this post to a close. Thank you to all, good luck and farewell.

Matt
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending