The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

How was your first year in university?

First time going to university this year so I'm just a curious 18-year-old guy looking the hear the good, the bad and the ugly of first year student experiences :P
Original post by Mystico169
First time going to university this year so I'm just a curious 18-year-old guy looking the hear the good, the bad and the ugly of first year student experiences :P

Hello,

I have just graduated in BA Journalism and Media and I loved every second!
First year was scary at the beginning but I made friends in the first few days.
Make sure you take part of all the freshers activities, join the societies and the sports! There are also several jobs on campus that you can apply for.
I lived in the halls so it was great to meet loads of new people, I was sharing my kitchen with 17 students and I moved in with the two of them for the next two years.
On the downside of this experience there was the fact that, sometimes, it was hard to adopt to the different cultures (eg: people cooking chips at 9am or running in the corridors at 3am)
on the academic side, for most of the courses, the first year runs smoothly, giving you the time to get used to the university life.
University is fun, loads of fun!
Make sure you enjoy every single moment as time flies.
Also, join the Freshers Group, where you can start talking to new people: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mdxsufreshers2016/?fref=ts

If you have any specific question, I am here to answer.

Good luck and best wishes.

Ludovica (Middlesex University Graduate)
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending