The Student Room Group

Grades

I want to know how things will be calculated at the end, when I finish final year. I’ve heard rumours but I don’t have a clue. I have been told that my final year project is the most important, which is obviously true. But with my other modules I don’t need to work as hard, just basically pass, as if for example I get a first in my project, overall I’ll achieve a first? I don’t know. I need help.
The short answer is no. Passing all modules (assuming you mean getting the bare minimum) and getting a first in your project will not result in ending up with a first.

Without knowing the credits of the modules etc with your course it's hard to advise, the way I did this was using a grade calculator GradeCalc | the university grade calculator!
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU Official
The short answer is no. Passing all modules (assuming you mean getting the bare minimum) and getting a first in your project will not result in ending up with a first.

Without knowing the credits of the modules etc with your course it's hard to advise, the way I did this was using a grade calculator GradeCalc | the university grade calculator!

Alright, thank you, I will try using this.
Reply 3
Does first year grades even get calculated together with the other years or no? That’s what I also want to know as well, because I know every uni is different in terms of how they calculate everything
Original post by Anonymous #1
Does first year grades even get calculated together with the other years or no? That’s what I also want to know as well, because I know every uni is different in terms of how they calculate everything

The majority of unis do not count the first year but as you said, some courses/unis do so you will need to check with your academics or tutors.
I want to know how things will be calculated at the end, when I finish final year. I’ve heard rumours but I don’t have a clue. I have been told that my final year project is the most important, which is obviously true. But with my other modules I don’t need to work as hard, just basically pass, as if for example I get a first in my project, overall I’ll achieve a first? I don’t know. I need help.

Hi there

How your final grades and marks are calculated would depend on your University and your course.
I would recommend having a look at the course grading guidance, if you cannot find this, maybe get in touch with your module support team.

Hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Different unis and different courses have different rules. These are available in your student handbook or online. Check them as a matter of importance.
Reply 7
These questions can be answered in a few hours if directed to the curse admin teams.
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
Different unis and different courses have different rules. These are available in your student handbook or online. Check them as a matter of importance.

All the ones that are available online are kind of outdated. From 2021-22 years. So it has probably changed now.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
These questions can be answered in a few hours if directed to the curse admin teams.

Yeah but I don’t think they would really tell me. Since I’ve been trying to find stuff online but it’s just old stuff.
All the ones that are available online are kind of outdated. From 2021-22 years. So it has probably changed now.

Which university?
Reply 11
Which university?

Greenwich University
Greenwich University

https://www.gre.ac.uk/articles/public-relations/changing-our-degree-algorithm

This appears to explain how your degree is classified.
Reply 13
https://www.gre.ac.uk/articles/public-relations/changing-our-degree-algorithm

This appears to explain how your degree is classified.

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending