The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But if he liked me why can't HE make the move??? i don't understand why this is falling on me to do the asking out, why can't HE?

Well if you like him why can't YOU make the move? I don't understand why he's supposed to ask you out, why can't YOU?
Well beginning a conversation isn't that big a deal, but to actually ask one on a date is. I read a book about dating and it said if he doesn't make the move he's not into you

that's such a lie, guys can be much more nervous even if they're interested

he may be into you just a little scared himself about making that move
Original post by Alexion
that's such a lie, guys can be much more nervous even if they're interested

he may be into you just a little scared himself about making that move

In the meantime how do I stop the vomitting? Even now reading this thread is making my stomach churn
Physically vomiting is not right, I think. Do you experience that with anything else?
Whenever I think of him or of a future with him I get waves of nausea and my stomach churns and I get massive butterflies. Then the nausea became really bad and these past couple of days if I randomly think of him or when he replies to a text I actually physically vomit.
like for example today, out of the blue I thought of attending his family wedding next year with him and I just felt sick and my stomach flipped and I vomitted several times.
Help! How do I stop this? Too embarrassed to ask my irl for advice as I'll just get laughed out of the room :frown:

it is proven for these symptoms to occur when you get feelings for someone so dont worry but if these symptoms persist than i advise you get checked by your doctor and you dont have to tell him that you like the boy just say hes a close friend
Reply 25
I'm actually a little concerned... I don't deem this natural, but then again, I'm no doctor.
How is your mental health? It might be something psychological.
Original post by SeanFM
Physically vomiting is not right, I think. Do you experience that with anything else?

Original post by AvWOW
I'm actually a little concerned... I don't deem this natural, but then again, I'm no doctor.
How is your mental health? It might be something psychological.

I don't have a stomach bug or food poisoning and I've noticed the vomitting and nausea is related to him because they only come on when I think of him or talk to him.
I've never felt like this about any other crush before though that's why I'm just really confused and eurgh :frown:
I went through something similar. Once my crush found out I liked her, I developed nausea and morning vomiting. Do you have any previous anxiety issues? Like generalised, or social anxiety?

Also, how old you are, if you don't mind me asking? And do you have much previous experience with crushes and getting with them? I think part of the reason that I was so anxious, leading to the sickness, was that I had no previous experience with girls, crushes and the like.
In the meantime how do I stop the vomitting? Even now reading this thread is making my stomach churn

just sounds like extreme anxiety so best way is to remove the cause and tell him that you like him and ask if he likes you

as has been said, either things work out, or you're rejected and you'll be upset but can rest easy
But if he liked me why can't HE make the move??? i don't understand why this is falling on me to do the asking out, why can't HE?

Why does it matter? It's not that big of a deal who says what. If it's such a big issue ask him if he finds you attractive. Then he can be the first one to admit it lol.
I went through something similar. Once my crush found out I liked her, I developed nausea and morning vomiting. Do you have any previous anxiety issues? Like generalised, or social anxiety?

Also, how old you are, if you don't mind me asking? And do you have much previous experience with crushes and getting with them? I think part of the reason that I was so anxious, leading to the sickness, was that I had no previous experience with girls, crushes and the like.

I don't know I've never really thought about having anxiety, when we have guests or someone come to our house I do like to stay in my room as much as I can because it makes me feel uncomfortable being downstairs but at uni I didn't stay in my room all day because of anxiety, I went out and had fun.
I went to a single sex school but I have had crushes on guys at uni before and fooled around with guys at uni, this is the first time I've ever felt this intensely about a guy though which is bizarre considering I've met this one online! :frown::colondollar:
Reply 31

Why can't you? It's the same in reverse. Maybe he doesn't like you to the same extent, but would still say yes to a date.

Because you're the one who has decided you want to go out with him! Maybe it's on his mind maybe it's not. Maybe he won't even consider the thought until you make the move and ask him.

*Don't float through life expecting a man to read your mind and do everything for you. You'll just be disappointed. You want something or someone? Then it's up to you to make the effort to go and get it/them.*
Original post by Ezme39
Why can't you? It's the same in reverse. Maybe he doesn't like you to the same extent, but would still say yes to a date.

I don't want to go on a date with a guy who doesn't like me as much as I like him! Then it'll feel like I'm spending the entire date trying to woo him when it should be the other way round!
Reply 34
I don't want to go on a date with a guy who doesn't like me as much as I like him! Then it'll feel like I'm spending the entire date trying to woo him when it should be the other way round!

Why should it be the other way around? By the end of the date he may well have fallen for you too. Neither of you should be trying to 'woo' the other; if you like each other's personalities then that that will show regardless :smile: it's very hard to be in a situation where both people really like each other before even the first date; that's the point of dating!
Original post by Ezme39
Why should it be the other way around? By the end of the date he may well have fallen for you too. Neither of you should be trying to 'woo' the other; if you like each other's personalities then that that will show regardless :smile: it's very hard to be in a situation where both people really like each other before even the first date; that's the point of dating!

How do you know what to talk about on a date, see even thinking of date with him is making my throat tighten and stomach churn omg what's wrong with me Ezme :frown:
Just don't think about him then???
Reply 37
How do you know what to talk about on a date, see even thinking of date with him is making my throat tighten and stomach churn omg what's wrong with me Ezme :frown:

It's completely natural to be anxious before a date! I've cancelled loads of them just through nerves. Remember that he is just another person, and the worst thing that can happen is that you simply aren't compatible. Do you have any friends that you can talk to about him, because it seems like you could use a bit of friendly encouragement here? :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
It's completely natural to be anxious before a date! I've cancelled loads of them just through nerves. Remember that he is just another person, and the worst thing that can happen is that you simply aren't compatible. Do you have any friends that you can talk to about him, because it seems like you could use a bit of friendly encouragement here? :smile:

I met this guy online so I feel like I'll be judged if I tell my friends how I met him, if we ever started dating properly I'd just tell them we met through friends :frown:
Hmmm, this seems fairly odd, however, I have delved into the texts of magic and I believe what you are experiencing is a section of the dark arts known as dark charm, more specifically, the spell nauseascious is responsible for this.

What is happening is someone (perhaps him?) has cast this spell upon you to the point whereby you become fixated and sick just thinking about this individual. These spells are casted for all various different reasons, but their primarily there to to ensure you avoid the presence of the individual afflicted by it (if they're sick when they think of you, they're literally dying when they're beside you).

Now, not to worry. You might be thinking oh no, I'm cursed. Well luckily you're talking to a master of the magical arts studentroom member who can aid you in this matter. All you need is obtain a wand (preferably one made with dragon heartstring (makes the spell easier) and point the wand to your head. Then mutter the words avada kedavra.

Or you can just ask him out...

Latest

Trending

Trending