The Student Room Group

Drama School Applications for 2017 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ThePlanB
Wowzer! that's fantastic I don't even know you but I can just feel the excitement. I'm going for the same course... VERY excited about the audition day. Congratulations again. :congrats:

Thank you SO so much!! I am beaming! I wish you all the best and if you have any questions I would be more than happy to help!
Reply 181
Original post by Jazzy.J
Congrats!!!!!!!! Must feel amazing

Thank you thank you!!! I feel pretty damn good haha! Wishing you all the luck for yours x
Original post by HollyB_101
Hi all! Just as a heads up, BRICTT (Brighton Institute for Contemporary Theatre Training) are still auditioning right through June - they offer a BA in Acting and Performance (and have a Diploma course too) I auditioned there last month and they are SO welcoming and friendly, I would recommend it to anybody auditioning for drama school!

Four near-identical posts, all plugging a particular drama school. We will draw our own conclusions... :unimpressed:
Original post by blondvirgo
What about Fourth Monkey actor training company? I don't know anyone who's been on a course there but have seen them advertising a lot.

Original post by ageshallnot
I know they claim great success. I'm going to watch a performance by their final year actors next month, so i will know a little more afterwards.

Having seen Fourth Monkey's performance of Mother Courage a few days ago, I wouldn't suggest you apply there. I've seen many productions by Lamda and several by Rada in the past few years and in my opinion the overall standard of acting at both is far better than at Fourth Monkey. They also have a greater success rate in terms of their graduates' employability.
Hi guys! Is there anyone who has a place on the Guildhall preliminary acting course? I would love to know who else is doing it as I don't know much about it:smile:
Congratulations the school holds a very good rep.

I'm STILL auditioning and I won't be done until the very end of June. It's hard to prepare for all my possible options if I conclude that late but... I'd rather be in this position than no position so I'll take it.

Thank you! It's a very long process but I wish you lots of luck!
Reply 186
I got an offer from Royal Welsh.......... YES YES! I'm in!!

Omg i HATE ucas! they never sent me an email notification!!!!!! I had to check myself.

Got LAMDA in 23 days but i AM going to drama school! woop!

Omg i HATE ucas! they never sent me an email notification!!!!!! I had to check myself.

Really happy for you! Congratulations! 👍

Looking at the Guardian Leaderboards, the Royal Welsh is currently THE BEST drama school in the country! Well done!
Seeing all of the results people are getting are making me quite sad since I won't be going to drama school.

I came to a sad decision over the past few weeks: first, I'll be taking a year off from reapplying to drama school because I'm not as emotionally or mentally prepared to attend drama school in the UK as I thought I was. Also, I've been wanting to go back to England for the wrong reason. I wanted to make up for a rather emotional and trying time I was in London back in 2011, and now I have so much regret from what happened that it's been hard to let go and move forward.

What scares me is that I'm looking for schools that fit my needs the most, and out of all of them, only three in England are sufficient enough for my needs, and I also found two in the US that align with my needs. It scares me that I will be at least 31 years old when I hopefully start grad school in 2019. Now, I'm just trying to figure out if I want to take the plunge and study for a year, or grit my teeth and study for three more years in the US among other things.

I wish all of you the best in your studies this year, and I hope you can share some inspiring words and comfort right now...

:frown::cry::cry::cry:
Thinking of applying Drama school after I've done an undergraduate degree for 3 at University first. Just in case I need something to back my self up on if it doesn't go right. Irony is that my University is right opposite RADA :biggrin:. I keep seeing posts that Drama schools prefer mature students so kind of assured that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing I apply straight after A levels. Anyway I'm not sure my parents would approve of me wanting to go Drama School because they don't see it as a viable option for a degree but hopefully these high tuition fees will sort out (yes my parents are asian XD).
Original post by Fifi2012
Thinking of applying Drama school after I've done an undergraduate degree for 3 at University first. Just in case I need something to back my self up on if it doesn't go right. Irony is that my University is right opposite RADA :biggrin:. I keep seeing posts that Drama schools prefer mature students so kind of assured that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing I apply straight after A levels. Anyway I'm not sure my parents would approve of me wanting to go Drama School because they don't see it as a viable option for a degree but hopefully these high tuition fees will sort out (yes my parents are asian XD).

Be inspired by watching the Rada final-year actors in their public performances - very good value, especially with a student discount!

https://www.rada.ac.uk/whats-on/rada-productions
Im only a beginner with no experience but I really want to do acting, Iv researched but I still dont know where i should apply and what would be best for me to start off, I will be moving to London in september some point and Im stressing myself out because I havnt found a course/school to go to😭
Original post by fallenmoonslayer
Im only a beginner with no experience but I really want to do acting, Iv researched but I still dont know where i should apply and what would be best for me to start off, I will be moving to London in september some point and Im stressing myself out because I havnt found a course/school to go to😭

Maybe join an amateur group? You don't need experience to join as far as I know. :smile:
Reply 194
100% Done with all drama school auditions forever.

Never doing them again. I think I'll know what school I'll be going to by early July.

If a mod sees this, it might be worth unpinning 2017 and setting up 2018 for the new guard.

GL to those who are attacking it again next year.
100% Done with all drama school auditions forever.

Never doing them again. I think I'll know what school I'll be going to by early July.

If a mod sees this, it might be worth unpinning 2017 and setting up 2018 for the new guard.

GL to those who are attacking it again next year.

How did LAMDA go? Presumably you'd go there rather than RWCMD if you got an offer? Good luck wherever you go!
Reply 196
How did LAMDA go? Presumably you'd go there rather than RWCMD if you got an offer? Good luck wherever you go!

I want to hear from LAMDA before I answer that! because I honestly don't know.

What I do know is the recall was an AMAZING experience from my point of view and I cannot deny that I wasn't expecting their teachers to have the sense of humor they did. I was worried that the school might lack life in comparison to RWCMD and I was proved wrong on three occasions.

September feels like a long way from now...
Reply 197

So I waited and waited and hoped the phone would ring these 3 days and it did not, the one time I stop waiting and go off to play some evening football.. LAMDA ring me. At this point I was sure they must be calling me to offer a place but they wouldn't confirm it over the voicemessage so my sleep wasn't as comfortable as normal. (Saying that... I did only have 1 hour of sleep the day before my audition -_-).

Anyway phoned them this morning, and they told me they loved my audition (they were specific about one speech in particular) and they are offering me a place!!!!!!!! I don't quiet know what to do myself but I am sure it will hit me later. I Imagined I'd be doing backflips but I'm fairly composed as of now!

So to summarise.

RADA - Recall, No
Bristol - No
ALRA - Waiting list
RWCMD - Offer
LAMDA - Offer

I had the option at the audition for the 2yr or 3yr course and decided to go for the 2yr. SO YES! as much as I love RWCMD. The funding options at LAMDA are just far better for me and I'm also convinced more by the teachers when comparing both recall days.

I'm going to LAMDA!
(edited 6 years ago)
So I waited and waited and hoped the phone would ring these 3 days and it did not, the one time I stop waiting and go off to play some evening football.. LAMDA ring me. At this point I was sure they must be calling me to offer a place but they wouldn't confirm it over the voicemessage so my sleep wasn't as comfortable as normal. (Saying that... I did only have 1 hour of sleep the day before my audition -_-).

Anyway phoned them this morning, and they told me they loved my audition (they were specific about one speech in particular) and they are offering me a place!!!!!!!! I don't quiet know what to do myself but I am sure it will hit me later. I Imagined I'd be doing backflips but I'm fairly composed as of now!

So to summarise.

RADA - Recall, No
Bristol - No
ALRA - Waiting list
RWCMD - Offer
LAMDA - Offer

I had the option of the 2yr or 3yr course and decided to go for the 2yr. SO YES! as much as I love RWCMD. The funding options at LAMDA are just far better for me and I'm also convinced more by the teachers when comparing both recall days.

That's beyond wonderful, congratulations!!
Reply 199
That's fantastic! I'm also accepted to do the 2 year course at LAMDA! Yay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending