The Student Room Group

Drama School Applications for 2017 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePlanB
So I waited and waited and hoped the phone would ring these 3 days and it did not, the one time I stop waiting and go off to play some evening football.. LAMDA ring me. At this point I was sure they must be calling me to offer a place but they wouldn't confirm it over the voicemessage so my sleep wasn't as comfortable as normal. (Saying that... I did only have 1 hour of sleep the day before my audition -_-).

Anyway phoned them this morning, and they told me they loved my audition (they were specific about one speech in particular) and they are offering me a place!!!!!!!! I don't quiet know what to do myself but I am sure it will hit me later. I Imagined I'd be doing backflips but I'm fairly composed as of now!

So to summarise.

RADA - Recall, No
Bristol - No
ALRA - Waiting list
RWCMD - Offer
LAMDA - Offer

I had the option at the audition for the 2yr or 3yr course and decided to go for the 2yr. SO YES! as much as I love RWCMD. The funding options at LAMDA are just far better for me and I'm also convinced more by the teachers when comparing both recall days.

I'm going to LAMDA!

Congratulations! :smile:
So I waited and waited and hoped the phone would ring these 3 days and it did not, the one time I stop waiting and go off to play some evening football.. LAMDA ring me. At this point I was sure they must be calling me to offer a place but they wouldn't confirm it over the voicemessage so my sleep wasn't as comfortable as normal. (Saying that... I did only have 1 hour of sleep the day before my audition -_-).

Anyway phoned them this morning, and they told me they loved my audition (they were specific about one speech in particular) and they are offering me a place!!!!!!!! I don't quiet know what to do myself but I am sure it will hit me later. I Imagined I'd be doing backflips but I'm fairly composed as of now!

So to summarise.

RADA - Recall, No
Bristol - No
ALRA - Waiting list
RWCMD - Offer
LAMDA - Offer

I had the option at the audition for the 2yr or 3yr course and decided to go for the 2yr. SO YES! as much as I love RWCMD. The funding options at LAMDA are just far better for me and I'm also convinced more by the teachers when comparing both recall days.

I'm going to LAMDA!

Amazing! Thrilled for you well done!
Reply 202

So to summarise.

RADA - Recall, No
Bristol - No
ALRA - Waiting list
RWCMD - Offer
LAMDA - Offer

I'm going to LAMDA!

Direct message me and I'll add you to the Facebook chat group for LAMDA! There are only 4 of us including you so far that I've found for the 2 year foundation degree!
Reply 203
Original post by gwills
That's fantastic! I'm also accepted to do the 2 year course at LAMDA! Yay!

Congratulations!

This past week I found out that I'm on the reserve list for the LAMDA 2yr.

I was wondering if when you got your offer they gave you a specific date you had to accept by?
Reply 204
Original post by Lhayne
Congratulations!

This past week I found out that I'm on the reserve list for the LAMDA 2yr.

I was wondering if when you got your offer they gave you a specific date you had to accept by?

Wow, congratulations! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

I can't remember if there was a specific date, I don't think there was. We had to pay our deposits yesterday which would secure our place, so maybe that was it?

There are only 5 of us in the 2 year Facebook chat at the moment, so let that be reassuring to you!
Reply 205
Original post by gwills
Wow, congratulations! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

I can't remember if there was a specific date, I don't think there was. We had to pay our deposits yesterday which would secure our place, so maybe that was it?

There are only 5 of us in the 2 year Facebook chat at the moment, so let that be reassuring to you!

Thanks so much!

And I will be crossing them too!

All the best!
Original post by gwills
That's fantastic! I'm also accepted to do the 2 year course at LAMDA! Yay!

I look forward to watching you and others such as @ThePlanB in about two and a half years! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats guys! Welcome to LAMDA :smile:
Original post by Dramastudent'15
Congrats guys! Welcome to LAMDA :smile:

So you're still on TSR, albeit rarely! Any chance of updating your blog with an account of your first year? Please? Pretty please? :smile:
Original post by ageshallnot
So you're still on TSR, albeit rarely! Any chance of updating your blog with an account of your first year? Please? Pretty please? :smile:

Yes! Please please please pretty please? 😊
Hi ThanosTsar. I am a little late with the reply. Not sure how you are getting on. Well, I hope! City Lit is great. Offers lots of courses that run for about 3 months, and affordable too. They have acting classes for all levels, as well as courses in improv and Meisner. City Academy is also another good one.Central School of Speech and Drama runs evening course as well.(No audition needed) . Hope this helps!I am waiting to hear back from Identity School of Acting, and just got a rejection from Central for their diploma. *sadface*. But I am doing intermediates acting at City Lit and love it.
I've just been offered a position at ALRA North. Enjoy your audition, they make it really fun! Let us know how you get on!!!
Original post by queenofpeace
Yes! Please please please pretty please? 😊

@ageshallnot @queenofpeace done :smile: I'm back x
Original post by Dramastudent'15
@ageshallnot @queenofpeace done :smile: I'm back x

Great to see you've restarted your blog!

Very glad to see that you appear to be thriving at Lamda! Are there any particular highs or lows which you are allowed to share with prospective applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending