The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiszshorTea786
I got a question for anyone who wishes to answer.

Who created matter?

Allah :smile:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Allah :smile:

Man you spoiled it. I should have specified that question was for the non-Muslims but never mind.
Man you spoiled it. I should have specified that question was for the non-Muslims but never mind.

Haha sorry 😁
Original post by Fackles
Religion and Science are the same thing, Religion has different branches that lead to different explanations (Different beliefs) and Science leads to different explanations. Neither can be fully proven or disproved as we are only human.

Science is rational an dreligion isn't. Call yourself 'only' human - I think that we have achieved some pretty amazing things. We will achieve more, if religion (among other things) doesn't hold us back.

We a physically limited to what we can understand.

Prove it.

Before there was Science, there was Religion, we used that to explain phenomenons, now some use Science because some decided to questions religion. Neither is wrong or correct.

Religion is wrong. Science explains things based on evidence, and will change its explanation if a better one is produced.

Science is reliable. Religion isn't.

For example, I don't believe the big bang is necessarily true,

That's what the evidence strongly suggests. Do you have evidence that the scientific community doesn't?

For example, Islam teaches muslims to seek the truth and be kind etc.

Only to Muslims. They can only seek the truth if they agree that Islam is true.

I'm not sure myself if this is the same for other religions, but I have also seen that the Qu'ran has mentioned things that have already happened, and become true.

No, you really haven't.

If you are looking for anything closest to the truth, is Islam and Science. They go hand in hand

Wrong again.

I'm not forcing you to become a muslim, I'm not really one myself but what I am saying is it is pointless in arguing what is right and what is wrong. You have to accept what is and move on

We have the power to understand most things. It's not trying to that is a waste of our existance.
Original post by internet monster
Evolution and big bang are theories

FFS

In scienctific language, a theory is teh best known explanation. Most are so well understood and have so much supporting evidence, that they're known to be fact.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Haha sorry 😁

It's alright. Don't worry about it. I just wanted to show the non-Muslims a different perspective but Khair never mind.

Alhamdulliah. 😀
Original post by Fackles
I'm not forcing you to become a muslim,
that's very kind of you

but Allah does : and, if we don't comply, then it's fire and brimstone, and molten lead poured down our ears...

yes, Allah does have some very strong arguments, so perhaps we should spontaneously join ?

best
I got a question for anyone who wishes to answer.(Non-Muslims particularly)

Who created matter?
the same one who created "God"

or, perhaps, entities can exist without anyone creating them : if God can exist uncreated, then so can the Universe

best
Original post by mariachi
the same one who created "God"

or, perhaps, entities can exist without no one creating them

best

You're saying that there's a creator behind Allah?

You're second point can be refuted by the ways but I will focus upon the first point for now.

Just to let you know, Allah was not created. He was already existent in pre-eternity. Therefore, Allah had existed at the start.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fackles
On a serious note tho everyone. Religion and Science are the same thing,

They are most certainly not! Religion is ancient superstition based on fairytales and blind faith.

Science is a discipline whose foundations are based on empirical evidence. It's science that's given us medicine, computers and taken us to space.

Religion has different branches that lead to different explanations (Different beliefs) and Science leads to different explanations. Neither can be fully proven or disproved as we are only human.

That's where you're mistaken. Many religions can be definitely disproved due to the claims they make and Islam is one of them. There are errors in the Quran, ergo it was not authored by Allah, ergo Allah doesn't exist.

Scientific theories are as close to fact as physically possible. You'd be a fool to say that things like germs and gravity aren't true just because they're described by theories.

We a physically limited to what we can understand. Before there was Science, there was Religion, we used that to explain phenomenons, now some use Science because some decided to questions religion. Neither is wrong or correct.

What nonsense is this? Yes, religion came first because unsophisticated humans who didn't know better made up divine figures to explain things they didn't understand. This isn't something you should be proud of!

Then science came along and managed to explain the world in unparalleled detail and with such accuracy that we can predict many of nature's phenomena before they happen. So yes, science is correct, or at least leads us to an objectively true and substantiated understanding of the world. Religion does the opposite, urging you to blindly believe in something for which there is no evidence and to be content with "God did it, stop asking questions."

If you are the kind of person like myself, who believes that there is never a middle ground then you will agree and disagree with certain things. For example, I don't believe the big bang is necessarily true, neither am I saying Jesus was the son of God, but there is a real explanation to it all. We have to accept that we are far away from understanding as we have to understand ourselves first.

There is overwhelming evidence for the Big Bang. It happened, the finer details may yet to be discovered, but the basic principle isn't under serious debate anymore.

Personally, I don't believe there is a god but that's not a fact, its called a believe. But I believe in some religions and there teachings. For example, Islam teaches muslims to seek the truth and be kind etc. I'm not sure myself if this is the same for other religions, but I have also seen that the Qu'ran has mentioned things that have already happened, and become true. If you are looking for anything closest to the truth, is Islam and Science. They go hand in hand

The Quran has not made a single prediction that could not be explained by coincidence or luck. Most, if not all of the so-called predictions in the Quran are vague and/or have been occurring for millennia.
I got a question for anyone who wishes to answer.(Non-Muslims particularly)

Who created matter?

There's no evidence it was created.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I doubt we'll ever be able to prove that God exists, but people will continue to believe anyway and that must be respected.

??? Why must it be respected? There is NO proof whatsoever yet they continue to believe in a magic man in the sky? Lol
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
There's no evidence it was created.

Right. Allah was not created He existed in the pre-eternity. That is, Allah existed at the starting point.
. Just to let you know, Allah was not created. He was already existent in pre-eternity.
prove it

best
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chaz254
??? Why must it be respected? There is NO proof whatsoever yet they continue to believe in a magic man in the sky? Lol

Many ideas are difficult to prove. God provides a reasonably sensible, but fanciful explanation for the big questions. Also a cause of incredible suffering worldwide, but you could say the same of capitalism.
Right. Allah was not created He existed in the pre-eternity. That is, Allah existed at the starting point.

Right. The all-powerful rabbit was not created He existed in the pre-eternity. That is, the all-powerful rabbit existed at the starting point.

Are you even trying? This is a terrible argument.
Original post by sterchess
Many ideas are difficult to prove. God provides a reasonably sensible, but fanciful explanation for the big questions. Also a cause of incredible suffering worldwide, but you could say the same of capitalism.

Communism has killed far more people than capitalism. Capitalism is better than the alternatives.
Life is short. Enjoy it whilst you can. A theory is just a theory. When you die, you will know the truth.
Original post by Chaz254
Communism has killed far more people than capitalism. Capitalism is better than the alternatives.

I never said communism was better. Let's face it though, capitalism causes pain and suffering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending