The Student Room Group

I get hyper fixated on people and idk how to stop

I used to have a crush on this guy, well it wasn't rlly a crush but im saying it was bc the first time in 6 years, i've actually felt attracted to someone but i've never spoken to him and he doesn't know i exist. I found all his social media. By coincidence, I happened to find his sisters name and maybe where he works? That sounds like alot but he doesnt post on social media other than Spotify so its practically nothing. But i was hyper fixed on him for ages. I knew it was weird and that I had to stop, especially as he doesn't know how i am and that i could never have a chance.
So I've tried to find someone else to fixate on, so i decided to find a celebrity bc theres lots of info to find on them so it wouldn't feel as weird. I used to be a BTS fan and whilst i sort of am (i dont listen to kpop but ik what's going on in that way),so my celebrity crush has been moved to jungkook. Again i say crush but it isn't a crush bc idk what he's truly like. I've been watching so many vids about him and as pathetic as this sounds, idk how to stop. Idk if this is healthy, and i do think its a waste of time but it just makes me happy? And that frustrates me because i'm watching a CELEBRITY who doesnt know i exist.
Both guys are quite similar so its clear that I have a type which makes it even worse.
Can someone give me advice bc i genuinely don't know what to do. These hyper fixations come and go but this has been the strongest one yet so thats why i feel so weird abt it bc it doesn't feel normal. Idk whether its because i feel like im falling behind on love bc im 18 and im a hopeless romantic or smt else. I would appreciate it if someone could give me advice and not insult me bc ik how weird this is already.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I used to have a crush on this guy, well it wasn't rlly a crush but im saying it was bc the first time in 6 years, i've actually felt attracted to someone but i've never spoken to him and he doesn't know i exist. I found all his social media. By coincidence, I happened to find his sisters name and maybe where he works? That sounds like alot but he doesnt post on social media other than Spotify so its practically nothing. But i was hyper fixed on him for ages. I knew it was weird and that I had to stop, especially as he doesn't know how i am and that i could never have a chance.
So I've tried to find someone else to fixate on, so i decided to find a celebrity bc theres lots of info to find on them so it wouldn't feel as weird. I used to be a BTS fan and whilst i sort of am (i dont listen to kpop but ik what's going on in that way),so my celebrity crush has been moved to jungkook. Again i say crush but it isn't a crush bc idk what he's truly like. I've been watching so many vids about him and as pathetic as this sounds, idk how to stop. Idk if this is healthy, and i do think its a waste of time but it just makes me happy? And that frustrates me because i'm watching a CELEBRITY who doesnt know i exist.
Both guys are quite similar so its clear that I have a type which makes it even worse.
Can someone give me advice bc i genuinely don't know what to do. These hyper fixations come and go but this has been the strongest one yet so thats why i feel so weird abt it bc it doesn't feel normal. Idk whether its because i feel like im falling behind on love bc im 18 and im a hopeless romantic or smt else. I would appreciate it if someone could give me advice and not insult me bc ik how weird this is already.
Also I do know that celebrities represent idealized versions and that they don't show themselves truly in front of the camera. I always remind myself of that.
And i've been trying to focus on real connections but idk why i feel like its hard i either don't fit in, theres no opportunity to talk to them or I get shy. I do try though, this year has been the year where i've made the most friends.
Like ik teenagers go through infatuations with people but it just seems pathetic for me to be having it when they don't know i exist.
You're a teenage girl, that's what you do. Slowly slowly after a few guys you'll get used to the feelings and just stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending