The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RogerOxon
Many religions do not teach peace. You can cherry-pick peaful bits from their books, but there are plenty of (contradictory) vile, violent and hateful parts.

Ok. It seems like you’ll argue to the ends of the earth so I’ll leave this. I hope you find real peace in being someone who gets offended by the harmless beliefs of others!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
To start with, it isn't war-specific. Ibn Kathir's tafsir on the verse explains that causing mischief in the land also includes disbelief (i.e. being a non-Muslim). Secondly, the person I quoted didn't mention context, they simply state that the Quran contains no commands to kill infidels. i have demonstrated otherwise, context or lack of context doesn't change this.

Read the commentary behind this yet? It will explain your curiosity otherwise.

The Holy Quraan has its reasons as to why it 'commands' Muslims to kill infidels. Now if you didn't know, we Muslims are forbidden from killing thats why you dont see any sane Muslim going and killing a random person.

Note I am not referring to ISIS here. Context does alter the meaning by the ways. But never mind that as that will just get you confused even if I begin to explain it to you.
(edited 6 years ago)
If a science textbook is reviewd and found to be incorrect, it can be corrected. The Quran has been reviewed and found to contain errors and contradications, but doesn't get changed.

Which is the better approach?

Evidence to back-up your claims?
Original post by Taz554:-)
where did the the particles from the big bang come from. The asteroids?? Think b4 you post :biggrin::wink:

There were no particles involved in the Big Bang. Atoms could only form after the expansion once the universe had sufficiently cooled.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
To start with, it isn't war-specific. Ibn Kathir's tafsir on the verse explains that causing mischief in the land also includes disbelief (i.e. being a non-Muslim). Secondly, the person I quoted didn't mention context, they simply stated that the Quran contains no commands to kill infidels. I have demonstrated otherwise, context or lack of context doesn't change this.

Which is an interpretation, which is not viewed to be accepted by all denominations of Islam (but maybe some though), however, we need human cloning to prove/disprove God, even though many are against it due to ethical reasons.
Original post by Irumcxxx
How on earth can the big bang end up creating us humans you must b insane to believe that. We are so perfect.. no camera can come close to the view of a human eye.. there really is a God!

Humans were not created in the Big Bang. There really was a VERRRRY long time between start of the universe and the formation of the Earth, never mind the delay before life started and then an awful long time before human diverged from our common ancestors. Then a really long time before we became civilised and began to write. Shame people had to write down such nonsense before we started to work out some real answers to some of the things that troubled us.

The human eye is rubbish compared to so many cameras. Have you ever seen images of the Sun photographed using frequencies of light our eye is blind to? X-ray images are as beautiful as any work in any gallery I have been to. Never mind how poor our eyes are compared to other animals' eyes, e.g. insects that see in U.V. and birds that see in I.R.
Reply 1586
Original post by Irumcxxx
How on earth can the big bang end up creating us humans you must b insane to believe that.
It didn't.
It would indeed be insane to claim that the first humans were created in an instant at the beginning of the universe.

We are so perfect..
No we aren't. We are full of design flaws that can only be explained by evolution - or an incompetent designer. Our constant back and knee problems are because our skeleton hadn't evolved to walk upright. Millions of choking deaths because we eat and breath through the same tube. The blind spot in our eyes? A birth canal too narrow for easy, complication-free birth. Male urinary tract going through the prostate rather than around it, so that when the prostate often swells with old age, it blocks the urinary tract (and why is it so prone to swelling? ). And what about the phanyngeal nerve?

no camera can come close to the view of a human eye.. there really is a God!
There are cameras that can take images in far higher detail and resolution than we can see. Not to mention being able to see light wavelengths that are invisible to the human eye.
The "camera;eye" argument may have worked 50 years ago, but not any longer!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MiszShorTeaa786

I'll re-word:

If a science textbook is reviewed and found to be incorrect, it can be corrected.

IF the Quran were reviewed and found to contain errors and contradications, it would not get changed.

Scientists will accept when they are wrong and move on and improve. Muslims arrogantly defend.
Original post by Pigster
I'll re-word:

If a science textbook is reviewed and found to be incorrect, it can be corrected.

IF the Quran were reviewed and found to contain errors and contradications, it would not get changed.

Scientists will accept when they are wrong and move on and improve. Muslims arrogantly defend.

Dont get me wrong,I am not defending. Now I will tell you that the Holy Quraan cannot and will never be altered.

No matter how much one tries it will be a failed attempt on their behalf. The reason behind this? Remember the Lawh-Mahfuz? If you do, you will get you're answer.
Reply 1589
Original post by Salimshady007
Which is an interpretation, which is not viewed to be accepted by all denominations of Islam (but maybe some though),
Ibn Kathir is probably the most widely read, most well respected tafsir in the world. Other major tafsir like Al Jalalayn, Ibn Abbas and As Suddi agree. It is a mainstream, consensus view amongst classical scholars.

however, we need human cloning to prove/disprove God, even though many are against it due to ethical reasons.
How would that prove anything?

Just about any of the scientific claims in it, e.g. that the stars are closer than the moon.
Original post by Pigster
I'll re-word:

Which contradictions are we talking about?? Its funny how the quran is 14 hundred years old and has a passage stating the earth is round and science just proved this a few years ago 🤫🤫
Basically we are intelligent beings aren’t we?
Let me give you an example to prove my point. If a dog was in a building that was on fire he would only start running around and try to Escape if he sees the fire. However a human doesn’t need to see the fire in order to believe that it’s actually there, if he hears announcement about the fire then he will try to escape. Our intelligence is on a grander scale therefore we don’t need to see something in order to believe it and a question to you do you believe in love? And if yes then there’s no evidence for the love being a tangible thing so why do many believe in it?
Just about any of the scientific claims in it, e.g. that the stars are closer than the moon.

Ive said this many times before, and I dont mind stating it again. Refute it at your own discretion. I could not care less.

Science is always going to play catch-up when compared to the Holy Quraan. Therefore amalgamating the two together will not bond together.

Take the example of the Miswaak for instance. This was already mentioned in the Holy Quraan and the Hadeeth. Science have just discovered such a beauty. Alhamdulliah.
Ive said this many times before, and I dont mind stating it again. Refute it at your own discretion. I could not care less.

Science is always going to play catch-up when compared to the Holy Quraan. Therefore amalgamating the two together will not bond together.

Take the example of the Miswaak for instance. This was already mentioned in the Holy Quraan and the Hadeeth. Science have just discovered such a beauty. Alhamdulliah.

You asked where the Quran is incorrect, so I gave you one. You've changed the subject. Too painful to realise that Islam is a lie?
You asked where the Quran is incorrect, so I gave you one. You've changed the subject. Too painful to realise that Islam is a lie?

I gave you a viable answer otherwise.

Not at all! Alhamdulliah for a beautiful religion as Islam.
God exists How? Look at the universe around you. It was created in a such a way where everything was planned. It didn’t just happen by chance.Science has proven many things like how the body works. But can it prove the esixstence of humans, animals and other living creatures in the world. No. Why? Because God exists.
Original post by QE2
Ibn Kathir is probably the most widely read, most well-respected tafsir in the world. Other major tafsir like Al Jalalayn, Ibn Abbas and As Suddi agree. It is a mainstream, consensus view amongst classical scholars.

How would that prove anything?

So we can artificially create human beings without people believing that only God created us and not evolution. But there is another way but it will take a very long time: take a group of chimps and make them do all humans things very slowly and speak a language, obviously, this would take 100yrs+. And who in this thread believes in the steady state theory?
No matter how much one tries it will be a failed attempt on their behalf.

Like I said, arrogant.
Original post by Salimshady007
Which is an interpretation, which is not viewed to be accepted by all denominations of Islam (but maybe some though), however, we need human cloning to prove/disprove God, even though many are against it due to ethical reasons.

I was going to reply, but QE2 has taken the words out of my mouth in post 1599.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending