The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

How likely am I to get into University of Birmingham?

My AS Grades weren't great, I got DD in Politics and Film. Communication and Culture is reformed so no AS but I'm predicted a B. But I am planning to re-sit the 2 units I didn't do as well on, and my teachers think I can do slightly better as it doesn't match how I've been doing throughout the year. I want to study Political Science which requires ABB. However with the A2B scheme, which I apparently fit the criteria of perfectly, will reduce it to BBC. I also have a lot of things to write on my personal statement, such as UK Youth Parliament and Labour Party Activism and other related extracurriculars.

What are my chances of getting an offer?
I would have said bad, but since you've got the A2B thing I'm gonna say you have an alright chance.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Worth a shot - but don't be disheartened if you don't get in BDD to BBC is quite a big jump to expect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by proton_shake
Hi! I'm not sure if you've seen or not, but Uni of Birmingham actually have a free online offer calculator, to see how likely you are to be given an offer. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't! :biggrin:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/strategic-framework/Education/offer-calculator.aspx

I have done it but it doesn't take into account A2B. Apparently with my GCSE's and if I can convince my Teachers to predict me BBB I have a likely chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending