The Student Room Group

Choosing a medical school

Hi, I got 2540 in my UCAT and I am applying for 2024 cycle. I cannot pick between University of Birmingham and University of Nottingham. I am from Nottingham and I like the university. But which one do you think has lower UCAT requirements/standards.
Original post by AQ8627
Hi, I got 2540 in my UCAT and I am applying for 2024 cycle. I cannot pick between University of Birmingham and University of Nottingham. I am from Nottingham and I like the university. But which one do you think has lower UCAT requirements/standards.

What are your GCSEs like? As I recall Birmingham does score GCSEs as well.
Reply 2
7 in English language 4 8s and 5 9s Biology and Chemistry is 8, rest of them are 9.
Original post by artful_lounger
What are your GCSEs like? As I recall Birmingham does score GCSEs as well.
Reply 3
hey there's a thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527&p=98856345&page=262#post98856345
if you post all your details here, there are many volunteers willing to help you out so you can get different ideas/opinions. of course do your due diligence. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AQ8627

What is your score for Nottingham? Cut off was 129ish last year
And Birmingham? Cut off was 8.1 last year
Reply 5
Original post by GANFYD
What is your score for Nottingham? Cut off was 129ish last year
And Birmingham? Cut off was 8.1 last year

For Nottingham: 111
and Birmingham it is 7.99 something.
Reply 6
Original post by AQ8627
For Nottingham: 111
and Birmingham it is 7.99 something.

Then you are below past cut offs, but closer to Birmingham than Nottingham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending