Bordesley Green
Hockley
Alum Rock
Washwood Heath
Saltley
Aston
Nechelles

Thank you, that's uh.. Quite the list
Hopefully either Nottingham Trent, London College of fashion or Westminster :smile:
Original post by sdotd
I know a couple people who were beaten and mugged in alum rock

Definate no go area then, thanks :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by bassbabe
Hopefully either Nottingham Trent, London College of fashion or Westminster :smile:

Really? I'm applying for NTU aswell :smile:
Original post by silverbolt
Brum is a dump. best thing in it is the roads out of there.

Lived there for ten years saw enough of it last a life time

Whereabouts did you live?
Original post by sdotd
also while in brum, try and go to a mixed grill like soho tavern or merry maid. they are really good

Thank you :smile:
What course are you planning on doing? :h: I'm doing fashion design.
What course are you planning on doing? :h: I'm doing fashion design.

Medicinal Chemistry hopefully :smile:

Completely different but NTU looks quite good and Nottingham looks like a nice city imo
Agreed, uni and city looks good to me, one of my top choices :smile:
Go to the Jewellery Quarter if you a more refined night out with upmarket bars.
Broad street for a trashy night out.
For an edgy night out go to Digbeth.

Moseley is also a very nice place for lunch/evening dinners.

Cannon Hill park in Edgebaston is nice too.
Original post by Classical Liberal
Go to the Jewellery Quarter if you a more refined night out with upmarket bars.
Broad street for a trashy night out.
For an edgy night out go to Digbeth.

Moseley is also a very nice place for lunch/evening dinners.

Cannon Hill park in Edgebaston is nice too.

Agreed, uni and city looks good to me, one of my top choices :smile:

Best of luck and I hope you get in! :smile:
What's in those areas?
Also stay away from these areas:
Small Heath
Sparkbrook
Sparkhill
Bordesley Green
Hockley
Alum Rock
Washwood Heath
Saltley
Aston
Nechelles
Well, some of the areas that are mentioned above to not visit I agree on most, (not sure about 'Aston' though, alas people have their own opinions)Well there's the Bullring with the famous Bull (Pretty big place with loads of shops) as well as outside of it, consisting of cafe's and a cinema place.Next is Grand Central, again full of shops and it's pretty new too, so everything is kitted out.There's also the Central Library, again if you're an avid reader then that's a place of high interest, if not then the secret gardens and the high-top views are worth it !!Star City, is a fun place, arguably the beast cinema experience is there, can be reached by the 66 bus from the city centre.There's also Aston Hall if you're into your history...There's a lot but it all depends on your time frame. :smile:
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
Well, some of the areas that are mentioned above to not visit I agree on most, (not sure about 'Aston' though, alas people have their own opinions)Well there's the Bullring with the famous Bull (Pretty big place with loads of shops) as well as outside of it, consisting of cafe's and a cinema place.Next is Grand Central, again full of shops and it's pretty new too, so everything is kitted out.There's also the Central Library, again if you're an avid reader then that's a place of high interest, if not then the secret gardens and the high-top views are worth it !!Star City, is a fun place, arguably the beast cinema experience is there, can be reached by the 66 bus from the city centre.There's also Aston Hall if you're into your history...There's a lot but it all depends on your time frame. :smile:

If you're willing to fork out - this place is great
http://www.everymancinema.com/venues/mailbox-birmingham/venue-details/
Original post by Pinkberry_y
What's in those areas?

They're just really dodgy areas
Original post by sdotd
Birmingham is pretty good but some areas are terrible like sparkhill and alum rock.
are those the non native populated areas? :P
City Centre is always a good option, great places in Bullring to shop and eat.
As suggested earlier, something like Cannon Hill Park is another nice idea to visit, there's Highbury Park not too far from it and also Botanical Gardens if you're visiting Edgbaston (decent crowds there but there's a small entry fee), Winterbourne Gardens is also there (in the City Centre region).
Original post by Lovinlife2
City Centre is always a good option, great places in Bullring to shop and eat.
As suggested earlier, something like Cannon Hill Park is another nice idea to visit, there's Highbury Park not too far from it and also Botanical Gardens if you're visiting Edgbaston (decent crowds there but there's a small entry fee), Winterbourne Gardens is also there (in the City Centre region).

Thank you! Those gardens sound nice

Latest