The Student Room Group

U of Bristol or U of Birmingham for biochem for firm???

I am trying to make a choice between the two.

Bristol for Biochem with medical biochem (w/ integreated master) AAA
or
Birmingham for Biochem just bsc AAB for firm?

I also want to join university choirs (probably auditioned one) so which one is better for it?

Thank you so much!!!
Reply 1
Both great unis. If you feel you can get AAA then the masters seems the better route IF you want to go into this field afterwards. If you are just choosing this topic because you enjoy it and see yourself working in say banking in the future then the extra year to get the masters is not worth it.
Original post by christmasy
I am trying to make a choice between the two.

Bristol for Biochem with medical biochem (w/ integreated master) AAA
or
Birmingham for Biochem just bsc AAB for firm?

I also want to join university choirs (probably auditioned one) so which one is better for it?

Thank you so much!!!

Hey @christmasy

Both of these were universities I considered before firming biochemistry at Lancaster!

I'd recommend first carefully looking over the course content and core/optional modules - just because the degrees have the same name doesn't mean they have the same content!

I'd also recommend considering what it would be like to live at both universities, as they are very different. Birmingham is a campus and Bristol is a city university for a start. I personally considered where I would be living in first/subsequent years, the public transport, the city, the library/gym etc. Whatever is important for you! If you can visit and feel the vibe of the area that would be amazing, but if not I'd recommend watching virtual tours or YouTube videos of people living at each university.

As choir is important to you, why not have a search on social media and see if the choirs have an Instagram or Facebook account where you could reach out? I'm sure people would be more than happy to tell you about their experience which might help you make your decision.

I hope I could help! Good luck with your choice!
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending