The Student Room Group

MAT question

Hi, I'm applying for maths and computer science at oxford and just maths at imperial. i'm suppose to do the maths and computer science question (the 3rd question i think) just for oxford. Will the admissions tutor at imperial be able to see that question and if I've got it wrong or not? will it affect my application to imperial?

Also, how are the MAT exams viewed by the admissions tutor? just the grade or the answers to individual questions?

thank you :smile:
Original post by vivek12
Hi, I'm applying for maths and computer science at oxford and just maths at imperial. i'm suppose to do the maths and computer science question (the 3rd question i think) just for oxford.

Yes, you do the M&CS questions: 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.

Will the admissions tutor at imperial be able to see that question and if I've got it wrong or not? will it affect my application to imperial?

The scripts are marked in Oxford. Imperial receive the marks, I believe broken down by mark. They also receive the scripts, although I suspect they rarely look closely at them. I'm sure they will take your performance on Q6 into account, in lieu of Q4. But they'll basically just try to treat you fairly.

Also, how are the MAT exams viewed by the admissions tutor? just the grade or the answers to individual questions?

thank you :smile:

In Oxford, we receive a breakdown of results by mark, and we also receive the scripts themselves. I tend to look at the scripts to help with borderline decisions.

Gavin
Reply 2
thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest