The Student Room Group

MAT prep

ngl im a bit concerned for the mat. I feel like no matter what, going through the questions or looking at past papers I just cant seem to improve well enough in exam conditions. Ive done all past papers up to 2017 with my highest being 61 in 2016 (which was self marked btw so i cant trust it) and my average is 40-50. is there any additional resource I can use? does STEP 1 help? SMC questions? Are there any similar exams available on the web? (MAT style)
Reply 1
plz help
Reply 2
I think that TMUA questions r quite similar to the first ten multiple choice questions - for me I don't spend enough time on those and lose some easier marks.
Reply 3
Also if its any help, I did a mock at school this week and got 26 so I wouldn't worry if you feel you're not making enough progress - saying that I am applying for Compsci and Phil not Maths
Reply 4
Oh also I've been watching some of the MAT livestreams so if theres any particular topic u struggle with I would def recommend them!

https://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test/mat-livestream

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending