Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Is it work spending over £80 for a calculator?!?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

(Original post by Luke7456)
    but whats the point, I mean for example My dream has always been a maths degree come from Cambridge. However in all honesty besides me doubting I can get an offer, their is a part of me that fears if I got there I might struggle and fail.

I re assure myself by thinking well if I got the grades then I am qualified to be there so should be okay if I work hard once there. However If I cheated to get there, I can't say that anymore. maybe I get in now due to having cheated find I am not able and end up dropping out.

Exams are there for a reason to test if you have learned the material, understand the material and have an ability for it. If you get into a university based upon false qualifications (having cheated etc) then you may find your not up to the standard and fail, if you get into a job based on false qualifications (eg having cheated again) you might find your not actually able to understand or perform the job then you get fired.

The whole point of exams is to test your up to the standard to be ready for the next stage so if you cheat it your going into the next stage not ready, which usually won't work out that well.
    I said i'll never cheat, I can, but I won't. I'm gonna sell my methods because i'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Casio fx9680GII is much better than Casio fx 9750GII, cause it has natural display- you can write equations like on textbooks, just like the fx-991es. But Casio fx 9750GII doesnt have that, and so IMO its acc more rubbish than the fx-991es because you get simply calculations wrong if you type it incorrectly.

(Original post by the bear)
    even an Albert could cope with the work:
    Meh. I don't really like those Albert calculators, I prefer the Casio FX83/FX85 as they have a better screen, which is easier to use. And the Casio's aren't that expensive - about £10 if I recall.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.