The Student Room Group

Applying for PPE - but less keen on Economics

I love reading about/discussing Politics and Philosophy but I'm not so keen on Economics. It's not that I hate it, it's just it doesn't interest me hugely (I appreciate its importance however). Would doing PPE be a bad idea? I really would love to work in an international organisation like Amnesty in the future, or even media (e.g. the BBC) and I realise having a good grounding in Economics would be good for these career paths.
If you aren't keen on economics, do remember that there are universities out there offering Philosophy and Politics. If, however, you would be willing to learn more about economics and you don't feel as if you will quickly tire of it, I'd say to go for it. :smile: It really depends on your attitude towards economics, you don't want to spend £9,000 only to regret it later.
Reply 2
Original post by elisha22
I love reading about/discussing Politics and Philosophy but I'm not so keen on Economics. It's not that I hate it, it's just it doesn't interest me hugely (I appreciate its importance however). Would doing PPE be a bad idea? I really would love to work in an international organisation like Amnesty in the future, or even media (e.g. the BBC) and I realise having a good grounding in Economics would be good for these career paths.

Did you look at HSPS at Cambridge? Doesn't have philosophy, but it also doesn't have economics...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Also bear in mind that some courses (perhaps most, I don't know) will let you drop one of the three after the first year - Oxford, for example. So if you don't hate it and you recognize the value of a good grounding in it, you could still choose PPE and then drop it after a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending