The Student Room Group

Politics and Economics LSE

I am looking at studying either Economics, Pol and Econ or PPE courses next year and my predicted grades will likely be A*A*A* (in Maths, Politics and Chemistry). My school doesn't offer either Further Maths or Economics.
I was looking at the Politics and Economics course at LSE, and to my concern it only requires AAA, as well as only taking in much less students that their flagship Economics course (Which requires A*AA). Looking at other unis, Warwick requires A*A*A for their Econ Pol and International Studies course. Really the other comparable course that only requires AAA as far as I'm aware is Oxford's PPE (the lowish grade requirements for which are understandable considering the TSA and interview)
Therefore I am wondering is there any reason why Econ and Politics might be an undersubscribed course when compared to pure Econ or PPE (as LSE or in general). Would it be good applying to that course or would there be better alternatives either at the LSE or at other unis?
Original post by N_G_99023
I am looking at studying either Economics, Pol and Econ or PPE courses next year and my predicted grades will likely be A*A*A* (in Maths, Politics and Chemistry). My school doesn't offer either Further Maths or Economics.
I was looking at the Politics and Economics course at LSE, and to my concern it only requires AAA, as well as only taking in much less students that their flagship Economics course (Which requires A*AA). Looking at other unis, Warwick requires A*A*A for their Econ Pol and International Studies course. Really the other comparable course that only requires AAA as far as I'm aware is Oxford's PPE (the lowish grade requirements for which are understandable considering the TSA and interview)
Therefore I am wondering is there any reason why Econ and Politics might be an undersubscribed course when compared to pure Econ or PPE (as LSE or in general). Would it be good applying to that course or would there be better alternatives either at the LSE or at other unis?

I don’t think grade requirements matter as much as you think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending