University of Dundee Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just received my offer to study English at Dundee! 😀
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by moo534
Hey,

I just sent my UCAS application of yesterday, may I ask what the interviews were like? I have worries ranging from what to wear to the style they do their interviews and type of questions x

I can't discuss interviews as it's against university policy and will make it unfair towards other applicants. My advice would be to relax, not overthink it. I was really nervous last year. Come out thinking I'd ruined it but I'm now starting first placement as of today😊
Be confident. Show your passion for the profession and be open about what makes you want to be a nurse.
As for what to wear, something smart/casual. Leggings, dress, skirt, something along those lines.
Reply 42
Original post by moo534
Hey,

You are also doing the IB? I wasn't expecting anyone else to be doing the IB! I wish you the best at this busy time of year, what subjects do you take? X

Hey,

My subjects are:

English HL
Geography HL
Swedish HL
Biology SL
History SL
Math SL

What about you? Are you doing the environmental sustainability course in Dundee at the moment?
Reply 43
Original post by DukeNuke
Hey,

My subjects are:

English HL
Geography HL
Swedish HL
Biology SL
History SL
Math SL

What about you? Are you doing the environmental sustainability course in Dundee at the moment?

English Literature HL
History HL
Economics HL
Biology SL
Maths Studies SL
Italian Ab initio SL

No, sorry, my dear. I'm applying to Dundee this year for Adult Nursing, but I do wish you the best in getting in. I've sent my application away earlier last week and recently got an acknowledgement email. Mind you, from the subjects you've chosen I think you'll have the points no problem, you have quite well balanced subjects.

Xx
Reply 44
Original post by ChloeBarnes30
I can't discuss interviews as it's against university policy and will make it unfair towards other applicants. My advice would be to relax, not overthink it. I was really nervous last year. Come out thinking I'd ruined it but I'm now starting first placement as of today😊
Be confident. Show your passion for the profession and be open about what makes you want to be a nurse.
As for what to wear, something smart/casual. Leggings, dress, skirt, something along those lines.

Thank you so much for the advice, I wish you the best of luck at your placement! I'll do my best, and hopefully all will turn out well. Xx
Reply 45
Original post by moo534
Thank you so much for the advice, I wish you the best of luck at your placement! I'll do my best, and hopefully all will turn out well. Xx

I'm struggling with History and Math at this moment :/ What route did you guys take for History? Have you or will you cover WW1, WW2, Cold-War and/or Japan, Italian, and German expansions and international relations?
Reply 46

I'm struggling with History and Math at this moment :/ What route did you guys take for History? Have you or will you cover WW1, WW2, Cold-War and/or Japan, Italian, and German expansions and international relations?

Oh gosh, I know how you feel, I'm struggling with Economics and Italian. I believe I cover WW1, Weimar Germany, Hitler (Rise to power, Aims, Policies, Lead up to WW2), Germany Expansions and international relations, Japan, Italy, Spanish Civil War, Falklands War, Russia for HL (Alexander II till end of Lenin/rise of Stalin) I think I still have the Chinese Civil war, Stalin and potentially Mao to study yet.

At GCSE I studied the Cold War, our teachers are under the belief that we still know it as a 'just in case'... we really don't remember.

I may have missed something out but that's all I can remember from the top of my head.

What course are you doing? Is it the same? Out of the whole history course, I feel like learning about Germany is so far the hardest part.

Xx
Reply 47
Original post by moo534
Oh gosh, I know how you feel, I'm struggling with Economics and Italian. I believe I cover WW1, Weimar Germany, Hitler (Rise to power, Aims, Policies, Lead up to WW2), Germany Expansions and international relations, Japan, Italy, Spanish Civil War, Falklands War, Russia for HL (Alexander II till end of Lenin/rise of Stalin) I think I still have the Chinese Civil war, Stalin and potentially Mao to study yet.

I see. That's a lot haha. But you are an HL student so it makes sense. Tbh I'm not sure, I believe we are doing route 2 of the History course.
Reply 48

I see. That's a lot haha. But you are an HL student so it makes sense. Tbh I'm not sure, I believe we are doing route 2 of the History course.

This site will help; http://www.activehistory.co.uk/ib-history/ib-history-syllabus.php
It gives you the break down as you have a set criteria of what you need to study I.e. You have at least two dictators and two civil wars.
Xx
Reply 49
Original post by moo534
This site will help; http://www.activehistory.co.uk/ib-history/ib-history-syllabus.php
It gives you the break down as you have a set criteria of what you need to study I.e. You have at least two dictators and two civil wars.
Xx

Thank you so much :biggrin: Does this apply for the 2016 History syllabus? I don't know if you've heard but questions in the new syllabus are a lot more broad and I've had trouble finding them online as this years syllabus is new. So once again thanks a lot.

Haha, when I want to access the Cold-War study guide it requires me to log in xD Do you know any account I can use?

A lot of it is accessible though, this is great :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
Thank you so much :biggrin: Does this apply for the 2016 History syllabus? I don't know if you've heard but questions in the new syllabus are a lot more broad and I've had trouble finding them online as this years syllabus is new. So once again thanks a lot.

Haha, when I want to access the Cold-War study guide it requires me to log in xD Do you know any account I can use?

A lot of it is accessible though, this is great :smile:

No problem, my dear. Yep, it's updated to the most recent syllabus. The questions are actually easier, they're very similar to previous questions, howevr the questions no longer force you to do compare two particular wars; you can choose which wars to use to answer the question. Has your teacher not gone through with it with you? Xx
Reply 51
Original post by moo534
No problem, my dear. Yep, it's updated to the most recent syllabus. The questions are actually easier, they're very similar to previous questions, howevr the questions no longer force you to do compare two particular wars; you can choose which wars to use to answer the question. Has your teacher not gone through with it with you? Xx

Haha no xD Our school is new in the IB and the teachers don't know anything. We have to somewhat survive by ourselves :/ So thank you for this.
Name: Rocio
Course: Art and design foundation

I don't know how to fill in the rest but my mark is 9'4 of 10 in baccalaureate
Reply 53
Haha no xD Our school is new in the IB and the teachers don't know anything. We have to somewhat survive by ourselves :/ So thank you for this.

Really? Gosh, I wish you the best of luck then, the IB isn't easy even with teachers who have been doing it for years xxx
Congratulations sammyewan!

I applied for Dual Law Scots and English. Haven't heard back yet.

For those interested:

(I)GCSE: 10A* 2A
AS: 4A predicted 4A*
A2 already completed: 3A* 3A
and no, I am not a mature student.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moo534
English Literature HL
History HL
Economics HL
Biology SL
Maths Studies SL
Italian Ab initio SL

No, sorry, my dear. I'm applying to Dundee this year for Adult Nursing, but I do wish you the best in getting in. I've sent my application away earlier last week and recently got an acknowledgement email. Mind you, from the subjects you've chosen I think you'll have the points no problem, you have quite well balanced subjects.

Xx

HEY, more IB kids omg, never thought I would see any tbh :smile:) good luck to both of you!
Reply 56
Original post by Shikari98
HEY, more IB kids omg, never thought I would see any tbh :smile:) good luck to both of you!

Hi! It's nice to know others are doing the IB, what are you applying to university to do? Xxx
Original post by moo534
Hi! It's nice to know others are doing the IB, what are you applying to university to do? Xxx

Yeah it's really cool to see :smile:
For Dundee I'm applying for Medicine, Medical Science and biomed 😇 Hopefully I get an offer for one of them haha!

I take
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
French HL (major regrets)
Maths SL
English SL
Philosophy SL 😇
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Shikari98
Yeah it's really cool to see :smile:
For Dundee I'm applying for Medicine, Medical Science and biomed 😇 Hopefully I get an offer for one of them haha!

I take
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
French HL (major regrets)
Maths SL
English SL
Philosophy SL 😇

Eek! It wouldn't be the IB if you didn't regret at least one subject :tongue: I'm surprised it not chemistry HL, most of the people I know who take it always mention the extra workload. WOW! I wish you best of luck, one of the girls in my year is also applying for medical sciences, so if you both gets offers you may meet :h:
Hi everyone, I sent in my application for European studies with French today :biggrin: I'm a polish student so I won't say anything about predicted grades as they're totally different to A levels or IB diploma... Do you know how long does it normally take to hear back from Dundee Uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending