The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

University of Dundee Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hey, Anybody had any offers from the Life Sciences department? (Specifically Biomedical Sciences?) :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Shikari98
Hey, Anybody had any offers from the Life Sciences department? (Specifically Biomedical Sciences?) :smile:

I have an unconditional for biological sciences which I received yesterday. (I'm a Scottish applicant)
Anyone had an offer for law yet?
Original post by natelizabeth13
I have an unconditional for biological sciences which I received yesterday. (I'm a Scottish applicant)

That's great! Well done, good to know I'll get an offer soon then 😊
Received a conditional for Mech Engineering today. International student here. Going to be my firm most probably though it has competition with Aston. What do you guys suggest? Aston or Dundee??
Reply 65
Has anyone applied to the Environmental Sustainability course? If so, you received any offers?

Is it a competitive course?
Hey has anyone had any psychology offers?
Reply 67
Hi everyone,

Name: Maz
Course: Medical Sciences, Biomedical Science
Highers: AABBC
Advanced Highers: Hoping to get AA in Biology and Chemistry
Also, apparently there are interviews for Medical Sciences? I didnt know that !?

Anyway, good luck with everyones applications, I have yet to actually apply lol
also I'm not able to do 3 Advanced Highers due to circumstances
(edited 7 years ago)
How long did it take everyone to get their acknowledgement emails?
Original post by 18maz
Hi everyone,

Name: Maz
Course: Medical Sciences, Biomedical Science
Advanced Highers: Hoping to get AA in Biology and Chemistry
Also, apparently there are interviews for Medical Sciences? I didnt know that !?

Anyway, good luck with everyones applications, I have yet to actually apply lol
also I'm not able to do 3 Advanced Highers due to circumstances

Yeah there is an interview because its such a small course with large competition for places(theres only about 10 places altogether haha! :P ) Ive applied for it aswell :smile: Good luck bro!
Reply 70
Original post by jonahfromtonga
How long did it take everyone to get their acknowledgement emails?

I applied last Thursday and had my acknowledgment back yesterday!

Anyone who's had offers, how long did it take you to hear back? I applied for pharmacology btw :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, I was wondering offer any advice as I made a thread, but no one posted a reply haha.

I'm currently on a gap year. I had lived in Scotland my whole life and my family decided to move permanently down to England in August, so I'm carrying out my gap year here in England.

Now, I'm applying for universities back in Scotland and I have been in contact with my old school for references etc. One of my old teachers is stating that I have put the wrong information on my student finance section of the application and that SAAS pay for it. I have researched into this and as far as I'm aware, I apply through the English Student Finance system as I no longer live in Scotland, so I wouldn't be eligible for SAAS. I'm 90% sure that what I'm thinking is correct, as I have done a lot of research into it.
Reply 72
Original post by ashleymacleod
Hey, I was wondering offer any advice as I made a thread, but no one posted a reply haha.

I'm currently on a gap year. I had lived in Scotland my whole life and my family decided to move permanently down to England in August, so I'm carrying out my gap year here in England.

Now, I'm applying for universities back in Scotland and I have been in contact with my old school for references etc. One of my old teachers is stating that I have put the wrong information on my student finance section of the application and that SAAS pay for it. I have researched into this and as far as I'm aware, I apply through the English Student Finance system as I no longer live in Scotland, so I wouldn't be eligible for SAAS. I'm 90% sure that what I'm thinking is correct, as I have done a lot of research into it.

From my own knowledge while doing Clearing at the uni during the summer, you are right. However, your best bet is contacting both SASS and SFE and explain to both your situation. They would be able to advise you best then.
Grades: AAABB
Course: Physics with Astrophysics
Offer: Unconditional

Just got this today so ayy
Sent my UCAS off on Monday and got an unconditional offer from Dundee today! I've applied for molecular biology with biotechnology :biggrin:
Reply 75
Name: Natasha
Course: History
Predicted Higher grades: AAAAB
Offer: Unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katierybarczyk98
Hi everyone, I sent in my application for European studies with French today :biggrin: I'm a polish student so I won't say anything about predicted grades as they're totally different to A levels or IB diploma... Do you know how long does it normally take to hear back from Dundee Uni?

Hi there, it could be anytime from now until May the 5th, some people hear back quickly but I don't think there is anyway to know when you will hear back unfortunately, hopefully it will be soon though! :smile:
Reply 77
Edinburgh
Accountancy and Finance
Nat 5: ABBCC(Lol kind of gave up with school in 4th year)
Achieved Highers/Predicted: AAB/AAB

Received an offer on Thursday. Conditional (a B in any H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Shikari98
Yeah there is an interview because its such a small course with large competition for places(theres only about 10 places altogether haha! :P ) Ive applied for it aswell :smile: Good luck bro!

omg! WOW only 10 places thats crazy!! Best of luck to you, also are you doing 3 Advanced Highers? If you are thats sooooo good! I'm kind of worried about mines though (only doing 2) , lol bcos its so competitive!!
North of Scotland
MA Geography
Nat 5's - AAAABCC
Highers - AAAB/ predicted grades s6 - AAAA
Offer - unconditional

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending