The Student Room Group

Will my application be good enough for primary education?

I'm applying for degrees in primary education with QTS, and most of my chosen unis require BBB, I'm set to get around ABC predicted grades. However, I have two good references, and recent work experience (I just finished it today), which has involved some really close work with year one students (teaching them at times) and I spent an afternoon teaching a SEN student under the supervision of the TA. I also have the opportunity to do continuing work experience (around 1.5-2 hours each week), which I can't put on my personal statement (it will start after October half term, and my school's deadline for applications is before October half term), but I can obviously mention this in interviews etc. I also have another week of experience, from July 2014. I've done some extra reading, which I have mentioned in my statement, but is there anything else I can do to make my application as good as possible?
Reply 1
Sounds good to me so far :smile: Your experience will do well. Mentioning any hobbies/volunteer work is also incredibly beneficial if you have any. Sports/music/art clubs are brilliant as these are skills you can bring into a classroom or as extra-curricular help. Any volunteer work is also brilliant as it shows dedication, and you will also have gained skills through volunteer work: charity shops? Brownies/Rainbows/Guides? Youth clubs? All good things to get involved with and are often good fun too. First aid training is also a little bonus you can throw in which looks good, and is easy enough to get done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending