The Student Room Group

Just read it please :)

Any previous A* A-Level students, what are the best revision books that have clear and in-depth details to get A* in both AS (actually isn't the highest grade for AS an A only?) and A2? :confused:

I know past papers are key too, but I don't think CGP are that good as they miss out some important things :s-smilie: and Letts have irrelevant stuff. I'm planning to take Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths (to apply to Cambridge University for Computer Science :smile: ) and I'll be doing joining in Year 12 in September 2017 so I'll be doing the new A-Levels (which I still don't understand its reform). People tell me it's too early to think about this, well guess what? IDC! It's my life, therefore my plan :P and I'm just making sure that 6th Form doesn't become hell for me next year (I'm Y11) :lol:

Thank you :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Any previous A* A-Level students, what are the best revision books that have clear and in-depth details to get A* in both AS (actually isn't the highest grade for AS an A only?) and A2? :confused:

I know past papers are key too, but I don't think CGP are that good as they miss out some important things :s-smilie: and Letts have irrelevant stuff. I'm planning to take Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths (to apply to Cambridge University for Computer Science :smile: ) and I'll be doing joining in Year 12 in September 2017 so I'll be doing the new A-Levels (which I still don't understand its reform). People tell me it's too early to think about this, well guess what? IDC! It's my life, therefore my plan :P and I'm just making sure that 6th Form doesn't become hell for me next year (I'm Y11) :lol:

Thank you :biggrin:

If you don't rate CGP then you need to say specifically which examiner for A level Physics and Chemistry as many other resources are very much specific to the examiner and their specification.

There are no revision resources yet for Maths or Further maths as the new specifications have not yet been approved and no books of any kind are expected until the spring. In reality, very few people buy revision books for A level maths. Most people use text books, online resources such as examsolutions.net and past papers/practice papers to prepare for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest