The Student Room Group

What subjects to do for A levels?

I am currently in year 11 and I don't know if I should pick Biology, Chemistry, English lit and media(as the softer subject). If I do pick these what jobs would be open to me.
I really wanted to so a job relating to technology and ICT but I would need to do Physics and Math (and I despise Maths DX) and the college I want to go to doesn't do computer science. What should I do???
If you take Biology & Chemisry, the biomedical professions (medicine, pharmacy, optometry, dentistry) would be options you could consider. Although not fully conversant with the arts, as far as I know, English A level would open the option of law.

Again, notwithstanding my limited experience in undergraduate requirements for IT/CS, I believe that you do not specifically need an IT-related A level to gain entry. Other evidence of skills/interest in IT should help e.g. ECDL, MOS exams, some interest in/knowledge of coding, etc.; (addition to my comments, perhaps from undergraduate CS students, would add real value to this post).

Quick Reply

Latest