The Student Room Group

Can someone's give me advice please!

Hi!
I was lucky enough to have an interview at sainsburys last week and then Tesco this week, finally Sainsburys have got in touch and said i have the job, this is after over a week and a really formal scary interview which I wasn't 100% sure I didn't get. The main thing is that my interviewer told me the shifts are on a rota and I will definitely be different every week and the weekend shifts get rotated, then when I spoke to them to accept the job they have told me i have the same hours every week which includes both Saturday and Sunday morning... this I'm really frustrated about because I have a Saturday morning job already so it mean so less money and of course I would like one day of the weekend off so I can go out occasionally..
Then with tescos, my interview went really well and my interviewer is a family friend so I'm almost certain I have the job although the catch is that it's only a Christmas temporary with some chance of being kept on, although many more hours and it just had an overall nicer feel about it.
I have accepted my job at sainsburys but now I'm panicking because I feel like Tesco would suit me so much better and I will be able to hopefully get a transfer when I go to uni so it'll be more permanent.

Someone please help me decide what to do!!!!
Do you know you have a job at Sainsburys? Yes.
Do you know you have a job at Tesco's? No.
Stick with Sainburys, once you get confirmation from Tesco, then move if you feel that is what you want. This wont reflect too well if you want a career at Sainsburys but the likelihood this is you can be easily replaced so it will not bother Sainsburys too much.
Reply 2
dg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending