The Student Room Group

How to accept being alone?

Hi, so basically I am going to end up alone - currently posting this anonymous because i don't want anyone to know what I'm going through.

I was born with a physical impairment, which isn't like a huge disability but it's more of a physical deformation so one of my limbs doesn't exactly look normal. I can't really exercise properly and I'm basically over-weight, ugly and deformed because of it - so therefore, not good at attracting potential romantic relationships, heck even keeping friends is an issue because people don't really wanna be near me

Because of this I don't want to have kids because I don't want to pass this genetic disease etc down to any of my kids etc...I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy, let alone someone I would love like my kids.

What are some practical steps that I can take to just accept the fact and move on with my life?

(P.S: Please don't give me your sympathy, I'm not here for that, i'm here to move forward, please just give me some advise on what I should do, to forget about relationships, friends etc etc)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so basically I am going to end up alone - currently posting this anonymous because i don't want anyone to know what I'm going through.

I was born with a physical impairment, which isn't like a huge disability but it's more of a physical deformation so one of my limbs doesn't exactly look normal. I can't really exercise properly and I'm basically over-weight, ugly and deformed because of it - so therefore, not good at attracting potential romantic relationships, heck even keeping friends is an issue because people don't really wanna be near me

Because of this I don't want to have kids because I don't want to pass this genetic disease etc down to any of my kids etc...I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy, let alone someone I would love like my kids.

What are some practical steps that I can take to just accept the fact and move on with my life?

(P.S: Please don't give me your sympathy, I'm not here for that, i'm here to move forward, please just give me some advise on what I should do, to forget about relationships, friends etc etc)

well, as someone who is a workaholic and will most likely end up very much alone too, my advice would be to find something to do. a new hobby, a book you like, or hell, just throw yourself headfirst into your studies/work. i won't claim to know what your going through, but my life motto is that at the end of the day, we all end up alone. so, ironically, you're not alone in this. the only person i like to rely on is myself; im the only person who can help when im working or doing anything, so focus on yourself.
no matter what you look like, you still deserve to love yourself. and hey, i bet you that there will be people out there that will love you nonetheless.
Reply 2
well, as someone who is a workaholic and will most likely end up very much alone too, my advice would be to find something to do. a new hobby, a book you like, or hell, just throw yourself headfirst into your studies/work. i won't claim to know what your going through, but my life motto is that at the end of the day, we all end up alone. so, ironically, you're not alone in this. the only person i like to rely on is myself; im the only person who can help when im working or doing anything, so focus on yourself.
no matter what you look like, you still deserve to love yourself. and hey, i bet you that there will be people out there that will love you nonetheless.

well said, thanks for the advice - im gonna immerse myself into work i think
well said, thanks for the advice - im gonna immerse myself into work i think

Hi I just wanted to say you will find someone a good friend or partner that loves you all good things take time in the meantime work on yourself so when that special person comes along your ready
Steven Hawkins' bio might inspire you. Maybe a good place to start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending