The Student Room Group

Psychology EPQ - please help!

Hi! I've just started sixth form, and I decided to do the EPQ as well as three A-Levels. One of those A-Levels is Psychology, which I hope to continue at university, so I thought doing my EPQ on a subject relating to Psychology would be best.
I'm very interested in stuff related to criminals, body language etc, so I thought lying would be my best bet. My question (as of right now) is 'how do we lie?' I'm not happy with it though, I like the idea of it but for me the title doesn't seem quite right.
Can anyone help me possibly change it to something that might be more specific, as I heard the title is partially graded. Any other tips for the EPQ would be appreciated as well.
Thank you!
The title sounds fine tbh and you can always come back to it later when you have a better idea of what your EPQ is about and have written some of it.
Original post by surejan
Hi! I've just started sixth form, and I decided to do the EPQ as well as three A-Levels. One of those A-Levels is Psychology, which I hope to continue at university, so I thought doing my EPQ on a subject relating to Psychology would be best.
I'm very interested in stuff related to criminals, body language etc, so I thought lying would be my best bet. My question (as of right now) is 'how do we lie?' I'm not happy with it though, I like the idea of it but for me the title doesn't seem quite right.
Can anyone help me possibly change it to something that might be more specific, as I heard the title is partially graded. Any other tips for the EPQ would be appreciated as well.
Thank you!

In the EPQ, your logbook is worth far more than the essay itself. Developing your title can be a vital part of the initial steps to this process.
You could consider these when deciding on a title:
Is it too broad/too narrow?
Do you have enough to write about/too much to fit into 5000 words?
Can you actually answer the question?

Thinking of paragraph headings around the title gives a good idea of how you can develop the title. Just don't be afraid to change and develop it over time, that's part of what the EPQ is all about!
Short free online course about doing at EPQ here - includes advice about choosing a topic - https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success
Also webinar on EPQs from Bath Uni - book now - https://www.bath.ac.uk/events/navigating-university-admissions-with-a-project-qualification/

Quick Reply

Latest