The Student Room Group

People laughing at me, need advice.

Basically I went to the library to study, and I sat about 4/5 seats away from a guy I know (he's nice and we helped out at a Chemistry day for our college together). He was also sitting next to another guy, who proceeded to look at me and laugh at me. I brushed this off and just assumed he was laughing at something else.
Then, last period I'm walking up the stairs to my lesson alone and the same guy calls to his friend and they all stare at me and smile at eachother.

I'm quite an anxious, introverted person and I just hate feeling like people are laughing at me. I moved to a different Sixth Form to get away from the people bullying me but I feel like I'm being mocked all over again.

Are they laughing at my looks? My acne? My loneliness? My awkwardness? Or is this just all in my head? Should I ignore it and focus on my studies and my friends?
I'm just upset and annoyed and careless all at the same time. Idk I just need real advice.. haha.
Thankyou :^)
Original post by satsuuki
Basically I went to the library to study, and I sat about 4/5 seats away from a guy I know (he's nice and we helped out at a Chemistry day for our college together). He was also sitting next to another guy, who proceeded to look at me and laugh at me. I brushed this off and just assumed he was laughing at something else.
Then, last period I'm walking up the stairs to my lesson alone and the same guy calls to his friend and they all stare at me and smile at eachother.

I'm quite an anxious, introverted person and I just hate feeling like people are laughing at me. I moved to a different Sixth Form to get away from the people bullying me but I feel like I'm being mocked all over again.

Are they laughing at my looks? My acne? My loneliness? My awkwardness? Or is this just all in my head? Should I ignore it and focus on my studies and my friends?
I'm just upset and annoyed and careless all at the same time. Idk I just need real advice.. haha.

That sounds really difficult. Maybe they fancy you but have an immature way of showing it? Try to ignore them if you can as hard as it may be. Are you close to anyone at 6th form? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Little Old Me
That sounds really difficult. Maybe they fancy you but have an immature way of showing it? Try to ignore them if you can as hard as it may be. Are you close to anyone at 6th form? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it. I'm not exactly a looker and I don't think people laugh when they want to be with you.. I'll try really hard, and I'll probably get over it but it just really puts me off going to college.
I have my boyfriend and my best friend but everyone else has other friends that they hang out with before me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should just ignore it and move on, they're irrelevant. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hamza772000
I think you should just ignore it and move on, they're irrelevant. :smile:

I'll try. Thank you ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll try. Thank you ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome :h: and goodluck with your studies :smile:

Quick Reply