The Student Room Group

Dentistry Applicants 2017 Queen Belfast University

Scroll to see replies

Where is everyone from?
Original post by Kiino
Anyone had any response from Queen's? In their acknowledgement email they said that they interview around the 15th of Decemeber and once again in January, anyone received an interview invitation?
I've applied to Queens Belfast, Kings, Birmingham and Newcastle :smile:
GCSE 11A*
AS 4 As
Predicted 3 A*
UKCAT (2200 overall) 733 Band 2 SJT

You'll be the first to hear from them. You currently stand on above 42 points (which is the maximum)... so I would prepare for the December interview as it's only 3 weeks away... Did you get an interview for kings or any other uni?
Reply 22
Original post by Dental1234
You'll be the first to hear from them. You currently stand on above 42 points (which is the maximum)... so I would prepare for the December interview as it's only 3 weeks away... Did you get an interview for kings or any other uni?

I have an interview for Kings on the 9th. But are the dates they sent in the original email the fixed dates? I would have expected to hear something from them by now if they plan to interview in December. I've had to fill in fee status questionnaires for two universities so far but nothing from Queens yet.
Original post by Kiino
I have an interview for Kings on the 9th. But are the dates they sent in the original email the fixed dates? I would have expected to hear something from them by now if they plan to interview in December. I've had to fill in fee status questionnaires for two universities so far but nothing from Queens yet.

hmm interesting... they potentially could be changing their dates which they specified.....or could be mean and leave the first batch with like 1 week to prepare, who knows...
Original post by Kiino

Have you heard anything back from them? Their first batch, 15th of December, is literally 2 weeks away...0.0
Reply 25
Have you heard anything back from them? Their first batch, 15th of December, is literally 2 weeks away...0.0

They had sent me an email to complete a fee status questionnaire on the 12th of November which went straight to junk mail. But that's sorted now as they've just confirmed I'll be a home student. Since then I've had no further news! I'm not sure if I'll get a December interview anymore as this may have pushed my application process back a bit 😕
Original post by Kiino
They had sent me an email to complete a fee status questionnaire on the 12th of November which went straight to junk mail. But that's sorted now as they've just confirmed I'll be a home student. Since then I've had no further news! I'm not sure if I'll get a December interview anymore as this may have pushed my application process back a bit 😕

hmmm that's really odd tbh.... Unless they're really trying to catch people out and send interview invitations in the last week.... I guess you've got to stay sharp and ready because you're currently on the max points for an interview....
Original post by samah786khan
They interview in February too, but no I haven't heard anything!

My email said they interview on 15 and 19 December, 25 January and 15 February. Like you I'm a bit anxious about making travel arrangements at short notice near Christmas .

I've got 36 points so keeping my fingers crossed.
Original post by Anna-1801
My email said they interview on 15 and 19 December, 25 January and 15 February. Like you I'm a bit anxious about making travel arrangements at short notice near Christmas .

I've got 36 points so keeping my fingers crossed.

They told me those dates too and I called today and they said they still haven't finished shortlisting and interviews will go out in the 'next few weeks' which means a really short notice period. I don't think the person knew any details tbh
They told me those dates too and I called today and they said they still haven't finished shortlisting and interviews will go out in the 'next few weeks' which means a really short notice period. I don't think the person knew any details tbh

Thanks samah

Definetely.... I mean they're gonna give like a 1 week notice if we're lucky... I'm gonna make sure I've got a basis to work from by next week hopefully...
I got an interview!! Anyone else?
Original post by catherinemckee
I got an interview!! Anyone else?

Congrats!!!!! When is it for? and do you mind sharing your stats? Well done again!
Congrats!!!!! When is it for? and do you mind sharing your stats? Well done again!

Thanks so much! Soo happy I got A*A*A in my alevels (on gap year) and 650 in my ukcat. That means I got 40/42 points for interview 😁
Original post by catherinemckee
Thanks so much! Soo happy I got A*A*A in my alevels (on gap year) and 650 in my ukcat. That means I got 40/42 points for interview 😁

Amazing results! You must be so relieved.... btw has it been organised for the 15th of December or is it another date?
Reply 35
Haven't heard anything from them. :X
Anyone got an interview for the 15th or the 19th? o:
Original post by Kiino
Haven't heard anything from them. :X
Anyone got an interview for the 15th or the 19th? o:

hmmm are you sure you are on 42 points??
Reply 37
Yes, 100% I'm on 42 points so I'm slightly confused (unless they absolutely loathe my personal statement!).
Has anyone heard back for an interview on the 15th/19th?
The thing is they don't look at the ps in the interview selection stage...🤔🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Has anyone gotten an interview thusfar?
I tried to call them today to clarify but couldn't get through to their admissions team.

Quick Reply

Latest