The Student Room Group

Dentistry Applicants 2017 Queen Belfast University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiino
Has anyone gotten an interview thusfar?
I tried to call them today to clarify but couldn't get through to their admissionvs team.

My friend has an interview for January 25th
I also know someone who received an interview invitation. The email came on Tuesday and invite was for January 25th. He would have scored 40/42 on the Queen's ranking system.

In relation to PS., afaik, Queen's only look at the PS at this stage to clarify that you want to do dentistry. If you haven't stated explicitly that you want to do Dentistry in the PS then you get ruled out - that's my understanding anyway!

I can understand why people may be worried - this discussion is very quiet considering that one day of interviews should already have passed and the next date is less than a week away!
I think the cut off score for this year is gonna be really high.... I can't believe last year it was only 28 -.-
It's very very quiet at this stage.... not sure if I'm the only one noticing this, but its getting closer and closer to the ending of the interview selection closure..... :K::K:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dental1234
It's very very quiet at this stage.... not sure if I'm the only one noticing this, but its getting closer and closer to the ending of the interview selection closure..... :K::K:

What's the interview selection closure?? They hold Interviews in February too and as far as I know only some Interviews for the January batch have been given out, so I guess we still have time! Every year they go down to point scores of 30/28 to fill up places so I'm not too worried atm
I just received an Interview invite for the 15th February. Anyone else?
Anyone going to the Experience Queen's Event on the 28th of January?
Anyone actually applying to this uni? Sounds like they've got 10 applicants.
Anyone actually applying to this uni? Sounds like they've got 10 applicants.

I've applied but not heard anything back yet. Not looking great
Original post by kitkatmnm

neither, what is your point score? In the email they sent out, it said their last interview date was feb 15th and invitations for that seem to be given out
Original post by samah786khan
neither, what is your point score? In the email they sent out, it said their last interview date was feb 15th and invitations for that seem to be given out

I don't have clue. I got average UKCAT and AAA prediction so nothing special. I can't imagine it's very high though considering the kind of stats some people have applied there with. Queens was my aspirational one though so I won't be surprised if it's bad news.
I'm on 36 Points, A*AA prediction, and have an interview on the 15th of Feb.... so idk I hope you guys get the final slots...
I've only heard from like 5 people who have interviews.... so idk where the rest of the applicants are.... idk if in Ireland they are aware of TSR?
I'm on 36 Points, A*AA prediction, and have an interview on the 15th of Feb.... so idk I hope you guys get the final slots...

Good luck! Aha thanks, fingers crossed...
Good luck! Aha thanks, fingers crossed...

thanks thanks.... all the best... :smile:

Ah good luck, let us know how it goes! I'm on 34 and have an A*A*A prediction so hopefully i'll get one!
Reply 56

Just letting you know what happened in my case. I achieved the maximum 42 points but didn't receive an invitation for interview for the December or January interviews so I was rather confused. After calling them, they said that they dont give their interviews in any particular order so it may just be that your application hasn't been seen yet? They won't issue any offers until they've interviewed everyone so the date that you get shouldn't matter. My friend who also has 42/42 points similarly hasn't heard back at all, so I should imagine they still have a few interviews to give out.
Wishing you the best of luck, hope that you're able to secure those final interview invitations! :smile:)
Original post by Kiino
Just letting you know what happened in my case. I achieved the maximum 42 points but didn't receive an invitation for interview for the December or January interviews so I was rather confused. After calling them, they said that they dont give their interviews in any particular order so it may just be that your application hasn't been seen yet? They won't issue any offers until they've interviewed everyone so the date that you get shouldn't matter. My friend who also has 42/42 points similarly hasn't heard back at all, so I should imagine they still have a few interviews to give out.
Wishing you the best of luck, hope that you're able to secure those final interview invitations! :smile:)

There's still hope then aha. Thank you very much :smile:
How did those who had the interviews last month find it? Also any1 else received any interviews?
Reply 59
I applied

Quick Reply

Latest