The Student Room Group

Dentistry Applicants 2017 Queen Belfast University

Scroll to see replies

Been a while, I'm guessing all interviews for Belfast are over and now they're giving out offers. Last year's forum had applicants receiving offers up to mid April. Just a quick question, has anyone received the offer holders day email from them? I received mine yesterday, so I'm just wondering if this was for everyone who had an interview also? All the best! :smile:
Original post by Dental1234
Been a while, I'm guessing all interviews for Belfast are over and now they're giving out offers. Last year's forum had applicants receiving offers up to mid April. Just a quick question, has anyone received the offer holders day email from them? I received mine yesterday, so I'm just wondering if this was for everyone who had an interview also? All the best! :smile:

Had my interview on Wednesday. Not sure how it went. We'll see
Reply 82
I rang admissions and they haven't given out any offers or rejections yet. The lady said itll be some time yet before they are. Also there was no interview date for 15th of March, so people are clearly lying on this. The 15th of march was the medicine interview date, so either you are on the wrong forum or lying.
Original post by jujubell
I rang admissions and they haven't given out any offers or rejections yet. The lady said itll be some time yet before they are. Also there was no interview date for 15th of March, so people are clearly lying on this. The 15th of march was the medicine interview date, so either you are on the wrong forum or lying.

No I had my Dentistry interview at Queens on the 15th march. Soz bout it

Was she clear on how long it would take? Because tomorrow is the end of the month which was the date they originally set to hand offers out by.
Original post by kitkatmnm
No I had my Dentistry interview at Queens on the 15th march. Soz bout it

How many others were with you during your interview?
Reply 86
Was she clear on how long it would take? Because tomorrow is the end of the month which was the date they originally set to hand offers out by.

No she just said it would be 'a wee while yet' lol. And said there was no time frame...obvs they have till the 5th of may which is the ucas deadline but i reckon by next week cause lasy year applicants got offers/rejections around April 6th. But nothing has been sent out, not even emails so how are people on this thread saying they have received emails etc?! And there was only four interview dates, last one was 15th Feb so why did they create a new one on the 15th March?! :/
No she just said it would be 'a wee while yet' lol. And said there was no time frame...obvs they have till the 5th of may which is the ucas deadline but i reckon by next week cause lasy year applicants got offers/rejections around April 6th. But nothing has been sent out, not even emails so how are people on this thread saying they have received emails etc?! And there was only four interview dates, last one was 15th Feb so why did they create a new one on the 15th March?! :/

I agree, this year should be similar to last year. Also it's quite sad that 2 members have decided to state they've attended an interview on the 15th when the admissions office clearly stated that there wasn't a dental interview during that time.
I agree, this year should be similar to last year. Also it's quite sad that 2 members have decided to state they've attended an interview on the 15th when the admissions office clearly stated that there wasn't a dental interview during that time.

IMG_5332.PNGMmm get your facts straight pal. Why would people lie?!

*admissions office need to get their facts right.
*admissions office need to get their facts right.

No you do before you go making accusations
Any international applicants here? I havent received an offer/rejection email from them yet, have you all?
Reply 92

Just to clarify I'm not disputing emails etc, just curious as to why they made a new interview date that wasn't told to applicants. I had an interview and my letter told me all four dates (obvs not the March one). Where you unable to attend a previous date hence why they gave you a new one? People have lied and exaggerated on this forum before, hence why I was curious lol :smile:
No you do before you go making accusations

Calm down, its seriously not that big of an issue. You clearly received an email inviting you for an interview on the 15th of March. The admissions office clearly made a mistake with identifying that they had one for dental applicants as well. I can only base accusations from the information thats been given to me.
So when does everyone think the offers/rejections will start arriving?
Calm down, its seriously not that big of an issue. You clearly received an email inviting you for an interview on the 15th of March. The admissions office clearly made a mistake with identifying that they had one for dental applicants as well. I can only base accusations from the information thats been given to me.

Lol I am calm, you were the one having a paddy about an interview you didn't know about and making accusations. Maybe just mind your own business and then you won't embarrass yourself on the internet again 👍🏻
Original post by themolerman
So when does everyone think the offers/rejections will start arriving?

Not sure. Hopefully today but if not the next few days I would think. They said by the end of march but who knows
Just to clarify I'm not disputing emails etc, just curious as to why they made a new interview date that wasn't told to applicants. I had an interview and my letter told me all four dates (obvs not the March one). Where you unable to attend a previous date hence why they gave you a new one? People have lied and exaggerated on this forum before, hence why I was curious lol :smile:

Well you made an accusation before you actually asked the question. The 15th was just another normal interview date, not one for people who couldn't make another day. They must have just added it after they had done all the February interviews to see more applicants. Bristol added dates too. It's been quite common this year
Lol I am calm, you were the one having a paddy about an interview you didn't know about and making accusations. Maybe just mind your own business and then you won't embarrass yourself on the internet again 👍🏻

Why are you speaking so passive aggressive? "Mind my own business"? It clearly is my business because I was the one who asked about the interview date in the first place? "a paddy about an interview you didn't know about" ?? I clearly knew about the interview which is why I asked the admissions office. Please stop embarrassing yourself because you clearly haven't read the previous message I left, "admissions office need to get their facts right". As far as I'm concerned, if the admissions office tell me something regarding the interview dates then I'm going to accept it as being correct until I receive other objective evidence regarding the matter. I apologies if you feel hurt in the slightest way about the previous comments, because to be honest they were said without any intention to make you feel offended. Anyways please leave this argument aside because it's not getting anywhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not sure. Hopefully today but if not the next few days I would think. They said by the end of march but who knows

yep today would be great, but I guess we'll have to wait a similar time to last year applicants. I think by the end of next week would be a fair deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest