The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
laura_jayne
So, if anyone is going on too A2 in psychology and has started their coursework then I could use some help! I'm so lost!!! :confused:

Ive just done A2 psychology- what are u stuck on? have u decided what u r doing it on yet? I did mine on Murstein's matching hypothesis - i took photos of couples and people had to rate them for attractiveness, then u see if their is a correlation in physical attractiveness between the couple. It was quite easy to pick up marks for it cos there was loads to write about, i got an A for it.

hope that helps. kt xx
Reply 2
Hi - what exam board did you do? Im planning on OCR..if you did this could you answer some questions for me?
Reply 3
mjf
Hi - what exam board did you do? Im planning on OCR..if you did this could you answer some questions for me?

sorry - i did AQA psychology
Hi!

I've started psy. coursework, based on the computer Murstein's matching hypothesis...
Kates
Ive just done A2 psychology- what are u stuck on? have u decided what u r doing it on yet? I did mine on Murstein's matching hypothesis - i took photos of couples and people had to rate them for attractiveness, then u see if their is a correlation in physical attractiveness between the couple. It was quite easy to pick up marks for it cos there was loads to write about, i got an A for it.

hope that helps. kt xx

hi, sorry i saw ur e mail on the website. i am doing my course work on the matching hypothesis and i cant find ne info on the original study ne where, wondering if you could help me-i wud b really grateful

abi x
Reply 6
Kates

hope that helps. kt xx

OMG I THINK I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!! I DONT SUPOSE U WILL EMAIL ME UR DISSCUSSION AND INTRO BEFORE LATE TONIGHT. THAT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL XX
I've just finished a degree in psychology, so if anyone wants to check anything out, just give me a shout...

Good luck!

Katie
Reply 8
I did my A2 courswork on the order of question effect on eye witness testimony. It was really fun once you get an idea cos you can do it all by yourselves! I can't wait to do my 3rd year project here... havn't clue what on tho :confused:
Reply 9
Kates

hope that helps. kt xx

Hey Kt! :smile: I was just wondering whether you could give me a hand with the Results and Discussion part of the coursework. don't worry if u feel u cant help, but if u cud it wud b much appreciated. I seem to have dun a very similar study for my A2 psychology coursework, only using cut outs of married couples from magasines and from the internet, and asking ppl to rate each individual on physical attractiveness. The pairs were then matched back up to c if ratings were consistent with the partners rating. Basically im investigating similarity in physical attractiveness among married couples. (my board is also AQA).

I was just wondering if u used spearmans rho as a statistical test and if so....how did u show these results in graphical form? did u use a bar chart or a scatter diagram? As it is a piece of correlational research i was wondering if i had to use a scatter diagram, and if so how do i set this up i.e. what do i plott in the diagram/graph? I'm soooo confused. It would also be very interesting and useful if u could share ur findings with me. I'm taking it that ur results showed a significant coefficient? my coefficient was 0.8 rounded up so showed a very high significance.

Also...i need a few starter points for the discussion section. I've a few ideas about other related studies i could carry out in future, but could u possibly give me a few main points to add to the discussion?

Also any help u could provide me with on any section would be gratefully recieved, so if there is anything in particular u think may need a mention please dont hesitate to tell me!!!!

Thankyou very much!!
Love and Hugz xKxAxYxLxExIxGxHx

P.S. I'll be glad of any help/support from anyone that is willing!!!! :biggrin:
Hia

for your scattergarm you can put the rating for the male along the bottom, and female up the side, seems the most obvious way, then see if there's any correlation. If you can, draw a line of best fit and make predictions...

You could also look at how much variation there was in ratings for each person you rated, and whether certain groups (males/females, younger/older participants) rated particular people as more attractive.

For your discussion talk about how your results matched your hypothesis, and how they fit with the evidence you provided in your introduction. Talk about any problems with the study, and obviously how you would improve it in future, but if the results went the way you were expecting then don't slate your method - otherwise you'll make your results void!

Hope that helps a bit... Katie
Reply 11
i am doing a2 and as ocr psychology at the moment finding the project quite tough but doing memory test thing.
Which bits are you finding tough?
Reply 13
Thanku so much katie! :biggrin:
I was having so much trouble with the scatter diagram coz it was coming up on the computer with female and male on a legend thing, the letter for each married pair came up at the botto and then the rating for each came up on the y axis. it was all very confusing and the graph didnt look right at all. I hope your way works, coz this section is already overdue!!! argh!!! :'(
thanx again xxx
Reply 14
how long does the design have to be? mines only about half a page. im doing aqa a2 by da way :tongue:
Reply 15
Kates

hope that helps. kt xx

Hi, wondered if u'd be able to help me I'm doing my research project for A-level psych and had planned to do it on the matching hypothesis but haven't been able to find many details about it, any info you could give me would be a great help.
Gayle
Reply 16
hi i have just read some of the posts on matching hypothesis stuff and i vant remember who but someone offered help to someone as they done there investigation on this.i am studying higher psychology in scotland.my 1st draft inevstigation is already 3 days late if i dont hand something in by 2pm tomorrow im so dead.my results etc sre all screwed up.someone please help....my investigation was meant to be on how pl will think couples are together as they have same levels of attractiveness.someone please send me something i can use just for tomorrow..ppppplllleeeaaasssee..introduction...abstract...the whole thing!!!!i would be so greatful xxxxx
Reply 17
hi i am studying a2 psychology and i am a divvy so please help me. i am thinking of doing disclosure or matching hypothesis for my coursework and need help. i would be very greatful if you could send me your whole coursework cos you seem to know what you are talking about. i am overdue by a week and have had mental problems :eek: so i got left behind quite abit. thankyou in advance, xx :smile:
Reply 18
I found conformity the easiest thing to do my cwk on, easy to devise an ethical test and loads of past research and experiments on it.
Reply 19
laura_jayne
So, if anyone is going on too A2 in psychology and has started their coursework then I could use some help! I'm so lost!!! :confused:

why have u started it soo late its nearly the end of the year.
anyway i can offer lots of help wot r ya stuck on pm me

Latest

Trending

Trending