The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

It isn't first come first served, unless it's changed for some reason this year.
University of York
York
i wouldnt worry... mine only came today, but found out they'd sent it last week! stupid post!
Reply 22
I emailed them and they emailed me back saying they'd send one out today, which implies they haven't already...hmmm...
Reply 23
They didnt send them when I applied, they are busy enough sending forms and allocating to not have time to confirm.
Reply 24
I don't think it's one a first come first served basis, because I didn't get my form for a while, and didn't send it off straight away, but I still got and en-suite room even though the demand for them is massive
It's not.
I went to a clearing open day yesterday, and that was a very popular question.
Apparently, as they only send out the forms once somebodys place has been confirmed, there is much less of a "first come first serve basis" idea. Also, as long as your form is in by the 8th, you haven't got as much to worry about. Apparently.

Also, can others please confirm? Is this form the same one that everybody else has recieved?
Thank yoo.
Reply 26
kexy
Has anyone got anything from york to say they've recieved your form?

I'm sure I remember reading that they would let you know they recieved it okay.

I just got an email confirming that they'd received it

However if you didn't give a valid email address you were supposed to give them a stamped and addressed postcard to send as confirmation. I guess if you did neither you won't get it confirmed that they've received your form (until you get your accommodation allocation of course)
Simulatio
It's not.
I went to a clearing open day yesterday, and that was a very popular question.
Apparently, as they only send out the forms once somebodys place has been confirmed, there is much less of a "first come first serve basis" idea. Also, as long as your form is in by the 8th, you haven't got as much to worry about. Apparently.

Ah that's good. All this talk of first-come first-served was worrying me!

Was the clearing day any good? I didn't go because it was seventy quid on the train and that's far too much to pay for a two and a half hour tour!
Reply 28
Juncture
I just got an email confirming that they'd received it

However if you didn't give a valid email address you were supposed to give them a stamped and addressed postcard to send as confirmation. I guess if you did neither you won't get it confirmed that they've received your form (until you get your accommodation allocation of course)

Yeh i got an email this morning confirming they'd received my application :biggrin:
I must say, they've been excellent for me.

I suffer from slight claustraphobia and the guy has done all he could to not only sort me out with my preferred college (Derwent), and an excellent room (14.5 SQM) on the corner.

Hats off to Chris at Derwent.

Latest

Trending

Trending