The Student Room Group

Asked for extra paper without realising it was provided at the back

So I sat on of my A-level exams before half term and we were only given half a page to write a 9 mark essay. I assumed there would be a next page as they usually give us a page for the answer so i didnt bother to check. Upon turning the page, I find out there were no extra lines and I kinda panic since if I were to ask for extra paper, I usually ask for it a couple lines before I finish what I have left on the previous page as the invigilators take way too much time grabbing the paper. Out of panic, I just my hand up to ask for extra paper forgetting completely that they provide extra space at the back. I think I might just be paranoid but I used the extra booklet for multiple questions but even without the extra booklet, my answers in the original answer book would make sense on its own. So I'm just worried if they will double check whether my extra booklet has been submitted as this extra booklet was supposed to be for another subject and it was just left in the exam hall.

Also, not completely linked to this, but does anyone know what will happen if you forget to write the question number in the answer booklet for economics? I realised literally last minute that I didnt write the number down for one of my first questions so I did quickly jot it down but I didnt have time to check the rest of the booklet.
Reply 1
Original post by Carrotsroom
So I sat on of my A-level exams before half term and we were only given half a page to write a 9 mark essay. I assumed there would be a next page as they usually give us a page for the answer so i didnt bother to check. Upon turning the page, I find out there were no extra lines and I kinda panic since if I were to ask for extra paper, I usually ask for it a couple lines before I finish what I have left on the previous page as the invigilators take way too much time grabbing the paper. Out of panic, I just my hand up to ask for extra paper forgetting completely that they provide extra space at the back. I think I might just be paranoid but I used the extra booklet for multiple questions but even without the extra booklet, my answers in the original answer book would make sense on its own. So I'm just worried if they will double check whether my extra booklet has been submitted as this extra booklet was supposed to be for another subject and it was just left in the exam hall.

Also, not completely linked to this, but does anyone know what will happen if you forget to write the question number in the answer booklet for economics? I realised literally last minute that I didnt write the number down for one of my first questions so I did quickly jot it down but I didnt have time to check the rest of the booklet.

They have to mark/ look at everything that a candidate uses in the exam even if it's rough work so I'm sure it'll be marked.

Also, if they mess up with the numbers you can ask for a remark where they will properly take time to look at the questions if they missed out a bit due to no numbering!

Quick Reply

Latest