The Student Room Group

Double Award Biology - Please help!

Hey, I am currently in my last year of GCSE's and I'm repeating my double award biology exam in february 2017, as well as taking this years exam too in may/june time. I struggle so much revising for biology - it's just so hard to get into my head, sometimes I think I know things, and then I take a look at past paper questions and I'm completely lost, is anyone else in this position or can anyone please give me advice? I'm currently sitting on a C grade but my target grade for this is a B. How should I be revising for this subject?
Original post by BlueEyes15
Hey, I am currently in my last year of GCSE's and I'm repeating my double award biology exam in february 2017, as well as taking this years exam too in may/june time. I struggle so much revising for biology - it's just so hard to get into my head, sometimes I think I know things, and then I take a look at past paper questions and I'm completely lost, is anyone else in this position or can anyone please give me advice? I'm currently sitting on a C grade but my target grade for this is a B. How should I be revising for this subject?

Past papers, they're the most useful thing for science revision. After doing a few, you'll realise a lot of the questions are asked differently but require the same answer so make sure you pay attention to repeated answers in the mark scheme. Also, for biology a lot of marks are lost from not understanding the question or not answering the question and just writing what you know, so make sure that you have carefully read the question and if it tells you to use the data given, use the data. Even if you get the rest of the question wrong you can still pick up some marks for quoting the data and explaining why you have chosen it.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by sammychu00
Past papers, they're the most useful thing for science revision. After doing a few, you'll realise a lot of the questions are asked differently but require the same answer so make sure you pay attention to repeated answers in the mark scheme. Also, for biology a lot of marks are lost from not understanding the question or not answering the question and just writing what you know, so make sure that you have carefully read the question and if it tells you to use the data given, use the data. Even if you get the rest of the question wrong you can still pick up some marks for quoting the data and explaining why you have chosen it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!! This should help me a lot. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending