The Student Room Group

GCSE Science...

I'm currently studying for GCSE
I am a homeschooling student would it be easier for me to do combined science or double?... How would I go about studying for it...??
(edited 2 years ago)
by going on google and write all the GCSE chemistry lessons
It depends on how much you like science. For triple you learn a little more in depth for each of the three sciences, however the difference isn't massive. I always recommend triple because I like science, but again it's personal preference.

In terms of studying for it, the CGP revision guides are amazing for the content, and you will also want to closely follow the specifications. I also recommend physics and maths tutor for practise questions, although I am not sure how their GCSE stuff is as I've only ever used it for A-Levels. Freesciencelessons is also a really good youtube channel that explains triple content.

I also recommend anki, it's brilliant for remembering content and for recalling it. To download it on laptop/mac/Android it's free but the IOS app costs £23 (to support the developers). Although if you have a laptop, you won't need the app anyways! Its user interface may seem a bit scary at first, but you'll soon get use to it! There are also many anki tutorial yt videos too.
(edited 2 years ago)
If you want combined science cgp revision guides at reasonable or low prices, check Shpock, I know someone wanting to sell the exam practice one and the revision guide itself
Reply 4
Go with IGCSE Double Science rather than GCSE Combined Science. The content is not that different but the requirement for the centre to say yoiu have done the practicals causes problems if you take GCSE. I'd recommend you do Edexcel IGCSE Double Award https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses/international-gcse-science-double-award-2017.html or pick the 2 sciences you prefer from Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Reply 5
Original post by franksfoot1
It depends on how much you like science. For triple you learn a little more in depth for each of the three sciences, however the difference isn't massive. I always recommend triple because I like science, but again it's personal preference.

In terms of studying for it, the CGP revision guides are amazing for the content, and you will also want to closely follow the specifications. I also recommend physics and maths tutor for practise questions, although I am not sure how their GCSE stuff is as I've only ever used it for A-Levels. Freesciencelessons is also a really good youtube channel that explains triple content.

I also recommend anki, it's brilliant for remembering content and for recalling it. To download it on laptop/mac/Android it's free but the IOS app costs £23 (to support the developers). Although if you have a laptop, you won't need the app anyways! Its user interface may seem a bit scary at first, but you'll soon get use to it! There are also many anki tutorial yt videos too.

Thank you!
This has been really helpful:h:

Quick Reply

Latest