The Student Room Group

Letters from ucas...

Basically i have recieved nothing from ucas of yet. There was a mistake in my results, so intially i was rejected by the unis(firm+insurance) and placed into clearning. I cleared this up and on friday my ucas webby was updated telling me to send off the confirmation form. However as of yet i have recieved neither clearning info or the confirmation letter. Anybody else not heard from them yet? I rang up ucas but got rubbish from them....
Im thinking its due to the lateness of my acceptence hence they probably sent the form(s) later then most ppl who got accepted straight away.
Im worried as im going on holiday very soon (like thursday!)
Reply 1
GibbonGimp
Basically i have recieved nothing from ucas of yet. There was a mistake in my results, so intially i was rejected by the unis(firm+insurance) and placed into clearning. I cleared this up and on friday my ucas webby was updated telling me to send off the confirmation form. However as of yet i have recieved neither clearning info or the confirmation letter. Anybody else not heard from them yet? I rang up ucas but got rubbish from them....
Im thinking its due to the lateness of my acceptence hence they probably sent the form(s) later then most ppl who got accepted straight away.

When did you accept. I officaily went into clearing on the UCAS site on Saturday but didn't get the form till today.
Reply 2
GibbonGimp

Contact UCAS

Phil
Reply 3
PHIL
Contact UCAS

Phil

Sounds like sense to me.
Reply 4
I have contacted ucas, and they told me they have sent them off :/
I live on a farm so have probs with post from time to time, but did get some random newspaper from ucas the other day so i cant see a prob.
My ucas changed on Friday.....before that i was in clearing as far as i know.
Reply 5
GibbonGimp
I have contacted ucas, and they told me they have sent them off :/
I live on a farm so have probs with post from time to time, but did get some random newspaper from ucas the other day so i cant see a prob.
My ucas changed on Friday.....before that i was in clearing as far as i know.

I don't know what to say then.

Phil
Reply 6
Wait a few more days. Mine changed on Friday also, but I got my AS12 on Monday.
Reply 7
GibbonGimp
I did get some random newspaper from ucas the other day so i cant see a prob.

I think I got that saturday so maybe you are just a little bit behind with the post
Reply 8
Contact your school and get them to help you sort it out if UCAS are giving you grief
Reply 9
I just rang ucas again, and being in a queue for ages got through. They gave me the same rubbish, but i made them accept my offer on the phone and after some hassle they did. Cheers guys anyhows.
Reply 10
GibbonGimp
I just rang ucas again, and being in a queue for ages got through. They gave me the same rubbish, but i made them accept my offer on the phone and after some hassle they did. Cheers guys anyhows.

Glad to hear it all worked out for ya.

Phil
Reply 11
Meant to ask where ya goin?

Phil
Reply 12
I'm going to liverpool to read Economics And Geography. Got rejected from leeds after my results of ABD... i needed BBB :frown: Although i am going to get my D remark/retake module as i got B's in most of them but a huuuuuuge U in a module.
Reply 13
GibbonGimp
I'm going to liverpool to read Economics And Geography. Got rejected from leeds after my results of ABD... i needed BBB :frown: Although i am going to get my D remark/retake module as i got B's in most of them but a huuuuuuge U in a module.

That's harsh. what subjects did you do for ALevel?

Phil
Reply 14
PHIL
That's harsh. what subjects did you do for ALevel?

Phil

I did Geography - A
Biology - B
Chemistry - D (our teacher left in upper sixth, got taught by the head last min, never got taught 70% of A2 work, alot of ppl got tutors, i didnt!)
What subjects u do/uni u get into?
I wish i hadn't done chem, but at the time parents were pushing me to do dentistry! Never had any passion for it, but still got B in AS but a U like i said in that A2 module, doh! Ive always had much more intrest in subjects like buisness studies and economics(hence course choice!) but its done now and hopefully ill get my C in chem (need an E or above in the module) and then results wont be that bad.
Reply 15
GibbonGimp
I did Geography - A
Biology - B
Chemistry - D (our teacher left in upper sixth, got taught by the head last min, never got taught 70% of A2 work, alot of ppl got tutors, i didnt!)
What subjects u do/uni u get into?
I wish i hadn't done chem, but at the time parents were pushing me to do dentistry! Never had any passion for it, but still got B in AS but a U like i said in that A2 module, doh! Ive always had much more intrest in subjects like buisness studies and economics(hence course choice!) but its done now and hopefully ill get my C in chem (need an E or above in the module) and then results wont be that bad.

I still have to do A2, but hope to do economics and management at oxford

Phil

Latest

Trending

Trending