The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
Your accommodation/hall of residence - but if you are arriving on 17th, go to Accommodation then immediately to Registration.

Which hall are you in?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
tRG
Hello!

Would like to know, where's the first place I should go to when I arrive in Manchester? Accommodation? Registeration - but you don't have to do that on the first day :confused:

Hall of Residence, get your key. Anyway register at the uni before you go (do it online), then all you need to do is collect your library card (I got specified a day for that).
Reply 3
tRG
OP
Spacecam
Your accommodation/hall of residence - but if you are arriving on 17th, go to Accommodation then immediately to Registration.

Which hall are you in?

Burkhardt. I'll be arriving on the 9th/10th but won't be heading to the university itself till the 13th.

Thanks!
Reply 4
tRG
OP
sebas_back
Hall of Residence, get your key. Anyway register at the uni before you go (do it online), then all you need to do is collect your library card (I got specified a day for that).

Ok, thanks! I know I will have to register online but there's a second step to the registeration process which I will have to do in person, right? And I think the library card is the same as the swipecard..?
Reply 5
tRG
Ok, thanks! I know I will have to register online but there's a second step to the registeration process which I will have to do in person, right? And I think the library card is the same as the swipecard..?

Right on both accounts. The swipecard/library card is the bit you have to do in person, and they told me when I was to go and collect mine (although it didn't really matter, so long as it got done).
Reply 6
For returning students - what do WE do regarding registration - I refuse to queue outside Whitworth for two hours!!
how dod u register online for the uni?

and whats the earliest u can arrive on sat 15th to get your accomodation?
Reply 8
Go to the self-service thing and use your username and password (password was default as your birthdate). Register somewhere there, I think. The second stage is to collect your library card and have your photograph taken - you'll be told when this is on your arrival in hall.

You can arrive in halls during office hours:
9hr00 - 11hr30
13hr30 - 4hr30
although this varies between halls. If you intend to arrive at an obscure time, you need to ring accommodation office to make arrangements to pick your key up.
Reply 9
Oh, got a letter from the warden at my hall if it is any use to anyone: It says you must ring the accommodation office if you want to arrive before the Saturday (they aren't expecting many people to move in on 13th so won't be ready)!

Latest

Trending

Trending