The Student Room Group

Transfer to Another Uni

So I would like to transfer university. I study Accounting in University of Roehampton London and I am in first year right now. I genuinely don’t like the university. I am thinking of transferring university so that I can do 2nd year in another university same course. I don’t mind any university in the UK but as long as I don’t repeat first year. Bad thing is, is that I didn’t get good grades in A Level so might be a problem. Is it possible. Any ideas
Original post by jjjnnn2004
So I would like to transfer university. I study Accounting in University of Roehampton London and I am in first year right now. I genuinely don’t like the university. I am thinking of transferring university so that I can do 2nd year in another university same course. I don’t mind any university in the UK but as long as I don’t repeat first year. Bad thing is, is that I didn’t get good grades in A Level so might be a problem. Is it possible. Any ideas

Most universities dont accept transfers and those that do usually require you to meet their entry standards. You will also need a set pass for your first year and the courses would need to closely align. If you are looking for an upgrade it isnt likely to happen.

Have a think about where you are interested and where you meet the entry requirements and contact universities to see who will accept you.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1

Most universities dont accept transfers and those that do usually require you to meet their entry standards. You will also need a set pass for your first year and the courses would need to closely align. If you are looking for an upgrade it isnt likely to happen.

Have a think about where you are interested and where you meet the entry requirements and contact universities to see who will accept you.

My A-Level grades will only allow me to go to foundations year but as I got an unconditional offer I managed to go straight into first year. I will contact them and see what happens.
Your problem will be student finance You have already used your bonus years funding so probably wont be funded for a foundation year so you will need to fund it yourself. Check out with SFE.
Reply 4
As in if I go to another uni they will put me in foundation year and I will need to fund it myself
Original post by jjjnnn2004
As in if I go to another uni they will put me in foundation year and I will need to fund it myself

Probably yes. @PQ Can you confirm this. You get 3 years plus a bonus year. The bonus year is used for a foundation year or the first year before transfer. You have already used your bonus year before transferring so you only have 3 years funding left. It is something you need to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending