The Student Room Group

UCAS -employment section

My situation. Graduated in 2006 at degree level. Travelled from September to December 2006. I registered with a handful of job agencies, and from December through to March i did approx 5 weeks work, being employed by two particular agencies, Manpower and Jobwise.

From May to present day, i've been employed by Adecco recruitment agency...

I quote the employment section on UCAS:

"Please give the names and addresses of your most recent employers. If you have not had any paid work experience, you can leave this section blank, but you will need to mark it as complete"

I note the plural, employer/s - but how should i go about interpretating 'recent'?? I've been with this last and current job agency, Adecco, for quite some time now, going on 5 months, and i'll be with them for at least another 2 months. Do i still need to write the name and addresses of the two former job agencies, Jobwise and Manpower, even if i only worked a couple (ish) weeks for them?

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill here, but i want to make sure i do my UCAS entry correctly. Any help, again, much appreciated.

:smile:
of those 5 weeks work, i spent 4 of them with one particular agency, so bugger the other one. I've put two recent jobs down, with two different job agencies.
When I was on UCAS I included my part-time job I'd had for 2 years, plus the previous job that I'd had before I started my part-time job.

I'd say include them, because a job you had 7 months ago is a recent position.
I'm not entirely sure what UCAS use work experience for... I'd imagine it would be to see if people are good at balancing their time and are reliable with their commitments... plus the jobs could make your application more well-rounded and support the course you're applying for.

You won't be doing the wrong thing by including them, so I'd say go for it. All the little things can make your application look better.

Latest

Trending

Trending