The Student Room Group

do i need another as level with only 3 alevels

last year i took chemistry and biology AS and maths alevel. i am planning to take chemistry and biology a level but am wondering if i need another as level. i want to study biology at universities such as imperial, bath, york, manchester and nottingham all of which give a 3 alevel grade offer. am i at a dissadvantage when applying if i only have 3 alevels and no as.
Reply 1
You will need four AS's for those Universities. Why not do something like History or Economics. It shows variety.
Reply 2
It depends, read their requirements on the websites, or if in doubt give them a call and find out.
Reply 3
Some universities state that their minimum entry requirement is 3 A-levels at for example ABB, and sometimes a further pass in a separate subject at AS level. You should check the website and prospectus for each university and see where they stand; if you already have done and they only state the need to have 3 A-levels then you'll be at no real disadvantage.
Reply 4
they all just give a three grade offer. should i take an extra as just to be safe or is it unnecessary??
Reply 5
As said above, email them or call them and find out. Its the safest option.
Reply 6
sroche
last year i took chemistry and biology AS and maths alevel. i am planning to take chemistry and biology a level but am wondering if i need another as level. i want to study biology at universities such as imperial, bath, york, manchester and nottingham all of which give a 3 alevel grade offer. am i at a dissadvantage when applying if i only have 3 alevels and no as.

there is not requirement for you to take 3A2's and an AS. it is merely convention that most people have that. you have the minimum required 3Alevels, many centres aren't offered the oppurtunity to take a 4th AS so they can discriminate against them. it won't be aproblem

Latest

Trending

Trending