The Student Room Group

Failed AS chem - uni with 2 alevels?

Got dropped from Alevel chem.. uni with 2 alevels??

I got an E in AS chem and got dropped from the course and I also just had rubbish (76%) attendance. Now I’m going to have to take bio and psych w/ btec health and social and try to get into unti with 2 Alevels.

I’ve looked into biomed and found a few unis that would accept 2 Alevels and a btec, but im unsure if i even want to do biomed. Other degrees id probably be more interested in such as radiography/opthalmic imaging seem so much more interesting but require 3 alevels :frown:

I need advice on what to do, the other option was:

- pick up a third alevel and hope theyll let me on for year 14 (not guaranteed, i dont really want to stay another year)

- i also dont want to redo year 12
Original post by joyceemx

I’ve looked into biomed and found a few unis that would accept 2 Alevels and a btec, but im unsure if i even want to do biomed. Other degrees id probably be more interested in such as radiography/opthalmic imaging seem so much more interesting but require 3 alevels :frown:

Most healthcare courses will accept a combination of A levels and btecs as long as you meet the subject requirements. You need to check the Entry requirements section on the course pages of uni websites.

Quick Reply

Latest