The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lipowicha
hello guys and gals. i wanna get into manchester uni next year to do business studeis but to do dat i would need an ABB in A level. i can possibly get the AB but not the other B. oh yeah i would like to let u know that i cannot carry on with maths A2 i hav to start math AS again, i feel angry about dis. i got an E in math AS by the way i needed a D to do A2, 11 marks short!!!!!:mad: .
i was wondering what is the best bet? to do 2 AS's in dis final year which counts as an A level or try and plead my math teacher to do A2 math? p.s math A2 is way harder than AS. is it a gamble to do A2 math?
any advice?..

and would voluntary work help to get a course with business studies? and what kind of voluntary work?

i really wanna get into man. uni!!!
pleas help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be very honest, you'd be better off going to Man met. At least they have points there. Manchester wouldn't even consider someone asking for points. Sorry.
Reply 21
lipowicha
no i got a B in english GCSE.
if i did get it remarked wouldnt dare be a chance of the full marks going even lower/down.

i need to get it sorted before monday this is when ma uni starts and new timetable.

Damn well speak English then.
Yes, however without looking at the UMS - Grade comparisons, I couldn't say how far off a fail you are.
You got a sixth form, not a uni (yes, the university does courses there, but it's still, in your case, a sixth form).
Reply 22
lipowicha
i cant retake math because in order to retake math i needed a D in it but i got an E!!!

Retake, not continue.

Retake means redo the Maths AS course.
lipowicha
i cant retake math because in order to retake math i needed a D in it but i got an E!!!

you said "i needed a D to do A2" maths not to retake your AS modules.
Reply 24
im stuck on dis. i know it might sound dumb but what do exams prove anyway? somedays you do gud somedays u do bad. i revised hard god dammit!!! it was probably bad memory of formulas and distractions from revising which ment i couldnt take it all in!!!!
Reply 25
PQ
you said "i needed a D to do A2" maths not to retake your AS modules.

basically i needed a D to carry on with A2. and i also needed a minimum of a D to retake. but since i got an E i have to start math AS in class again from scratch!!!! i mean whats da point on dat?!!! its down to my revision not a teacher teaching me the things i already learnt!!!!to be honest i fink its a waste of time startin math AS again.

jus give meh a chance!!!!!
Reply 26
lipowicha
basically i needed a D to carry on with A2. and i also needed a minimum of a D to retake. but since i got an E i have to start math AS in class again from scratch!!!! i mean whats da point on dat?!!! its down to my revision not a teacher teaching me the things i already learnt!!!!to be honest i fink its a waste of time startin math AS again.

I think it's a waste of time you applying to Manchester, but you're still going to do it.
lipowicha

Can I ask one thing? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?

I got a very low C in sociology, on the verge of getting kicked out but revised 3 whole modules for January retakes and ended up with an A. A lot more than revising formulae.

You just sound lazy.
Reply 28
deej
I think it's a waste of time you applying to Manchester, but you're still going to do it.

my parents also want me to go dare!! i aint gonna let them down. well kinda yes but it'll also make me feel clever going into man uni.
Reply 29
You can't retake something with an E and suddenly expect to get a top grade. It just doesn't happen.
Reply 30
lipowicha
my parents also want me to go dare!! i aint gonna let them down. well kinda yes but it'll also make me feel clever going into man uni.

where men are men :biggrin:
lipowicha

They want to to go dare? well then dare me :smile: go on.
Reply 32
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Can I ask one thing? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?

I got a very low C in sociology, on the verge of getting kicked out but revised 3 whole modules for January retakes and ended up with an A. A lot more than revising formulae.

You just sound lazy.

chemistry and math are different . in math everything looks da same basically. so many techniques but which to use?
Reply 33
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
They want to to go dare? well then dare me :smile: go on.

me no understand your words. sorry... :confused:
lipowicha
chemistry and math are different . in math everything looks da same basically. so many techniques but which to use?

Chemistry? Who brought chemistry into the conversation?
lipowicha
me no understand your words. sorry... :confused:

Me no speak English?
Reply 36
Did someone neg her for this? That's pretty harsh...

If you really want to succeed then start doing work up and beyond what is required. There are some absolute geniuses in the maths forum on here who can help you. Get an A2 text book and prove to your teachers that you are in it for the long run.
Reply 37
vector
Did someone neg her for this? That's pretty harsh...

If you really want to succeed then start doing work up and beyond what is required. There are some absolute geniuses in the maths forum on here who can help you. Get an A2 text book and prove to your teachers that you are in it for the long run.

would it work if i tell the math teacher that they are ruining my future and chances of getting into a top uni.
and they might jus let me get into A2 maybe?
Reply 38
lipowicha

Sod your parents. It's your choice. Your degree.

If you apply to Manchester with the grades you have for the course you want, you will most likely be rejected. You will lose a place on your UCAS application which could've gone to another university or course which will accept either a points tarrif score, or lower grades/ 2 A2 + 2 AS. Going to Manchester only helps you feel smart if you are smart. Judging by your reluctance to accept advice off people who have either gone through the UCAS system, are going through the UCAS system, or actually work with the UCAS system, you're clearly not suited to that university.

You NEED to rethink your options and get your arse into gear for your final year, or you will probably end up taking an unexpected gap year.

That is the harsh reality which YOU have to face if you don't at least listen to our advice. It is YOU who will have to live with your mistakes, not your parents.
Reply 39
No. Why are you still on here? Get a text book and start working! If you can take them 20 pages of work on C3 trig that your class haven't even covered yet that'll convince them :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending