The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Any1 moving into Gill Street new accom?

Im startin at trent in sept & cant wait! especially for freshers week!, it sounds amazin... but im so worried that my halls are goin to be abit of a let down or that im goin to be living next to ppl i dont get along with (i know its pot-luck who you're next 2!). I had a look at all the other city halls but these new 1's seemed pretty good and was just wondering if anyone else is moving in there... or am I going to be abit of a billy-no-m8s!

ant
Reply 1
I'm in at Gill Street - you seen any photos of it?

Lor x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
hey, i'm going into gill st. in september. trying to find pics at the mo! its pretty difficult tho!can't wait!
Reply 3
hey :smile:
how did you all get into gill st? I really wanted to be in them cos they are so nr the uni but there was no guarantee that i wud get into cos i cud just as easily have been put in sandby or hampden which i didnt wanna be in. so i am in the other new acomm victoria halls which is really nice and built by the same peeps as gill st so i assume its the same inside have a look at the victoria halls website for pics!
www.victorahall.com
Any1 else gonna live in Victoria hall? cos i will have to walk a little way to the uni. dont wanna be on my own! :frown:
Reply 4
Hey every1 I'm also staying at Gill St.

Don't want to worry you all, but I went down there to see it today, it was a building site!!!!!

Well, most of it was, the front part looked 'finished', with some furniture in the rooms. The rest, well I think they gotta finish decorating 1st.

Didn't get to go inside because they wouldn't let me, (thought I'd try anyway, despite what the letter said)

I'm in room D122, what y'all in?

Tim
Reply 5
Yeah they looked a bit unfinished when I checked them out last week, from the front they look pretty cool. I am stopping in room D115 which I would assume is pretty close to D112.

When are you all going down to move in? I thought about the 17th?

Tom
Reply 6
I was thinkin of moving in on the 17th too, but now I'm thinkin I might be on my own (i.e.- not many ppl moved in), so may wait till the sat or sun!

I'm in room D122 not D112.

Does any1 know if the SU have anything organised for that weekend?
Reply 7
Hey!

I am going to trent this september too, i'm doing psychology with criminology. I have got a room at Gill street although i have no idea what the rooms are like! I got my accommodation forms back and i saw Gill street, i'd never even heard of it, but now i know that its actually quite close to the places you need which is good. I'm in room F232, so i guess i'm not near some of you who have said their number. I just hope the rooms are nice, and that the people are too - i'm sure they will be :smile:

Becky
Reply 8
I am gettin worried tho! its so close now, i kno its goin 2 be awsome n such a laff, but it'll be so wierd not knowin a single soddin person! im in A363... ground floor i think.. least thats 1 less obstacle to master after a night out. so do the rooms look ok? i think im goin 2 move in on the sat, hav a massive nite out on the fri with every1 as a kinda goin away thing, then sat nite shud be a good laff lookin thru all the freshers stuff they sent.

Ant
ant_lucky13
I am gettin worried tho! its so close now, i kno its goin 2 be awsome n such a laff, but it'll be so wierd not knowin a single soddin person! im in A363... ground floor i think.. least thats 1 less obstacle to master after a night out. so do the rooms look ok? i think im goin 2 move in on the sat, hav a massive nite out on the fri with every1 as a kinda goin away thing, then sat nite shud be a good laff lookin thru all the freshers stuff they sent.

Ant

Heya im in a c room.Im going up on saturday so u can count me in for a good nite out on saturday! :wink: And to think my dad accused me of being a party animal and an alcoholic!
Reply 10
hey guys im stayin in Gill Street aswell. room c351! im absolutly crappin it as i wont know a single person there. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jagstar73
hey guys im stayin in Gill Street aswell. room c351! im absolutly crappin it as i wont know a single person there. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol calm down your quite close to me in terms or room numbers
how many rooms are ther in a floor anyone know?
Reply 12
Don't know about how many rooms per floor, but I know there's supposed to be '6 rooms per flat', guessing there may be 2 or 4 'flats' per floor maybe???

I've organised a final night out with my mates on the Friday, so will be trekking up to Notts on the Sat now, gonna be so weird not knowing anyone there!!! I'm up for a good night out on the town on Sat! :smile:
Reply 13
There's goin 2 be so many hungover ppl there from their last nites in their own city! Well the fact that i dont kno anyone who knows anyone else who is goin means every1 knos nobody, lol... i understand wat i mean. As long as everyone stocks up their kitchens with serious amounts of alcohol & munch it gets every1 off 2 a good start!

I am still nervous tho... but so are thousands of other ppl, oh well, lol.

Ant
Aah yes, alcohol and food! once i've done my packing the final things to get will be alcohol and lots of nice food so at least got stuff to keep us going before the first trek to the supermarket! :smile:
Reply 15
goin up saturday too. Think il prob still be wasted from fri nite. See u guys there! ne1 doin business?
Reply 16
jagstar73
goin up saturday too. Think il prob still be wasted from fri nite. See u guys there! ne1 doin business?

I think most of us moving in on the sat, will be hungover/wasted from the 'final nite' with mates back home!

I'm doin accounting & finance, wot course u doin?
Reply 17
hey i movin in on saturday to gill street my number is c372!
so worried.
anyone near me?
Reply 18
jagstar73

hey i must be near u. i at c372. and doin business 2!

Latest

Trending

Trending