The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I finally joined up :smile:
Might i also nudge members of this society in the direction of the musicians society? Basically, uniting the pianist, guitarists and kazoo players :cool:

Im currently trying to learn a Flamenco piece. Its bloody hard :frown:
Flamenco, it certainly is hard. I'm ok at the tremolo style fingers but some of the right hand technique is ridiculous!

...and now to the musicians soc...
Happy Cycling
Flamenco, it certainly is hard. I'm ok at the tremolo style fingers but some of the right hand technique is ridiculous!

...and now to the musicians soc...

Hmmm... what does the "tremolo style fingers" involve, and why is the "right hand technique" ridiculous? :biggrin:
So maybe my Spanish terminology is a bit rubbish... :biggrin:

If you must know I was referring to the tirando and 5-stroke rasgueo.

So there! :eviltongu
Happy Cycling

Haha, I was asking a serious question :confused:. What do those techniques involve? I know very little about these things, as I've said in the past lol...
MR_JR

Im currently trying to learn a Flamenco piece. Its bloody hard :frown:

yay!! I like Flamenco........

Happy Cycling

A_Singh
Haha, I was asking a serious question :confused:. What do those techniques involve? I know very little about these things, as I've said in the past lol...

Well I can do rasgueos (not sure what tirandos are), basically you 'unroll' your fist, strumming with your little finger first, then your ring finger and so on. Then do it back up the strings again with your little finger, so its kind of like a fan......... you're probably thinking I'm talking garbles!

Also you can do rasgueos with tango music as well as flamenco
gordon2002
Well I can do rasgueos (not sure what tirandos are), basically you 'unroll' your fist, strumming with your little finger first, then your ring finger and so on. Then do it back up the strings again with your little finger, so its kind of like a fan......... you're probably thinking I'm talking garbles!

Also you can do rasgueos with tango music as well as flamenco

Er...yes...I... don't understand lol.
It's great if you can do it, otherwise it just looks and sounds like you are punching your guitar in slo-mo.
Huh.... it's not hard.
Come on anyone heard the Van Halen song Man On A Mission?
Anyone who can pull the piano style 2 handed tapping solo has earned my respect.
Nobody?
Im not sure if any one posted any of their own stuff yet.
Anywho I'm a n00b so I cant make up my own stuff yet.
Here#s something I recorded the other day.

P.S: ITS NOT THAT GOOD COZ IM A N00B:biggrin:
homepage.ntlworld.com/itz_ant/sound.mp3

Still a little confusion if you can't make your own stuff up what is this?
Who's it by?
MeWiseMagic
Still a little confusion if you can't make your own stuff up what is this?
Who's it by?

I named it 'music file1' on the front page...... but I swear I recognised bits of it :confused:
how do you record stuff to the computer? anyone got any ideas
Plug into your line-in on your soundcard...
Reply 393
:frown: i got taken off the guitar soc :frown::frown::frown:
beth_geog
:frown: i got taken off the guitar soc :frown::frown::frown:

make a request and I'll add you back on
Reply 395
Happy Cycling
I never learned to play Stairway. In fact, I don't think I've even heard the whole thing before.

I learnt to play stairway to heaven when I was 12, and Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 22 - I think that says a lot.
Hey, I went a-searching for the TSR Guitar Society in the Society sub-folder, under General Discussions. It doesn't appear anywhere :s-smilie:. Is there a reason for that?
A_Singh
Hey, I went a-searching for the TSR Guitar Society in the Society sub-folder, under General Discussions. It doesn't appear anywhere :s-smilie:. Is there a reason for that?

Well I did request for it to be put in the society sub-folder......
Either in the societies folder or as a sticky so it doesn't keep sliding away over the page would be good.
Reply 399
bikerx23
I learnt to play stairway to heaven when I was 12, and Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 22 - I think that says a lot.

:confused: no it doesn't.

Latest