The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vector
I got to play a custom PRS, similar colour to the Carver posted up a few pages ago, through a ridiculously large VOX valve amp. It was something special. The action was so perfect that you could play a note simply by blowing on the string (not really, but close). I would have bought it if it was the better side of £300. Unfortunately it was the worse side of £3000 :s-smilie:

i saw a double-necked PRS at a ginormous guitar store the other day...
the graphics on the body ran onto the fretboard and was like multi-colour and everything...
it looked like a piece of heaven...

was behind a shield, and everything...
it was valued at £33,000 and only 5 were ever made...
2 of which were located in the uk...
Reply 4201
Ooh, I'm definitely going to have to join this society! I'll try and record part of a song tomorrow... Probably just the solo to Angra's cover of 'Wuthering Heights'.

EDIT: Hmm... Why has the name of this thread changed? *Confused*
Changed?

I think we had that easy chords thread merged in with us though. Which is nice. No really. That's the point of this thread (when we're not sighing and drooling over really expensive guitars :p:)
Yeah, it was merged. But I know what the guy's talking about - for a few minutes this was called 'Easy Guitar Chords' :wink:
Hmm.

I kinda like that name better.
Yeah, I saw the change at approx 3am this morning, so I posted in AAM
SunburnedCactus
Hmm.

I kinda like that name better.
Sowie :p: :biggrin:
No, you did good. Sorted it out before it caused the sort of mass panic you would expect from such a legendary thread.
SunburnedCactus
No, you did good. Sorted it out before it caused the sort of mass panic you would expect from such a legendary thread.
Hehe, cheers boss.
Reply 4208
The merging was my fault. I like the guitar soc to get bigger :biggrin:

But yeah, I now lover PRS's :biggrin:
vector
Nah, it was Fleur's fault, she admitted it :aetsch:
Reply 4210
But she wouldn't have unless I told her to :wink: Unless you did as well. But I'm cooler.

:cool:
vector
But she wouldn't have unless I told her to :wink: Unless you did as well. But I'm cooler.

But you wouldn't have if the poster posted it in this soc in the first place. So it was the poster's fault :wink:

vector

But yeah, I now lover PRS's :biggrin:

Woo! I love PRS! Chunky necks, but they play so nicely :smile:

However, being left handed I can only ever play the real expensive ones - the ones I'll never be able to afford :biggrin:

My guitar, a Ravenwest, plays almost like a PRS though... and it looks a little like one, too. I'm going to get hold of PRS Tremonti pickups for it and then show off :biggrin:

... but first, I need to wait a while - my hands playing up again :frown:
You may all have wondered where I've been (or not). Answer: in Hull, at uni lol. No one else is around, so i'm pottering about on my own with no real destination in mind :p:.

I'm playing some guitar, though (I have jack all else to do) so at least that's getting some practice! I'm glad i brought my folder and my guitar tab books all the way here :p:.

Glad to see the place it active, keep it up! :wink:
Reply 4214
What's Hull like then?
Time to interrupt your off-topic-ing with long awaited pr0n of my joyous axe!

My workbench. Or the floor if you prefer.

Splendid!

Custom mirrored pickguard. Oh yes.

Tasty pickups and brand new knobs!
Reply 4216
She's a beast ;yes;
whats that thing that looiks liek a crystal ball on your work floor?
Reply 4218
Clubber Lang
whats that thing that looiks liek a crystal ball on your work floor?

Lol it's just a magnifying glass by the looks of things. And the springy thing behind it is a soldering iron.
Hehe "work floor".

Yeah, Mush got it in one (magnifying crocodiley stand is the technical name). At one point I was on the workbench outside doing soldering and drilling but had to retreat when it started raining :p:

Latest