The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nightlife in Notts

Whats the nightlife like in Nottingham? Its my 1st choice uni at the mo' and I'm gonna come and have a look around but won't really be able to experience the nightlife cos I'm 17 and therefore can't get into places as I've heard Nottingham is strict on ID in general.

Basically what type of places are there? I'm used to going out in Bristol (whree I'm from) and we have the typical chain places that play pop and cheese eg. Oceana, Syndicate etc and then the smaller, more 'backstreet' places with d&b, electronic-type music and then the real seedy (but still great) raving places that stay open til 7am... all of which I love in different circumstances! Whats the scene like at Notts? And also does Notts have a problem with drugs?
Reply 1
well there is oceana the main club, id restrictions there wont let you pass easy
youd need an id with your photo on it and you date of birth on it and be 18
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm not asking for places I can get into without ID, I'm not planning nights out there til I'm actually in Uni, what I'm asking is what is the nightlife like there in general. Doesn't make a difference to me how easy it is to get in wqhen you're underage because when I'm there I won't BE underage! lol...
Reply 3
God damn, Nottingham is Nottm, not Notts. Actually, I'm surprised to see the number of males making such a mistake when anyone interested in football should know better.
Reply 4
Mr. Fox
God damn, Nottingham is Nottm, not Notts. Actually, I'm surprised to see the number of males making such a mistake when anyone interested in football should know better.

Very true, but you'd be suprised by the number of morons that call them Notts Forest.

They even do it on the tele which is just wrong.
Reply 5
But then the confusion of Notts County arises, Notts County play in the city boundaries but are still called Notts lol, going back to the original poster then yes the bars and clubs are generally chain places playing cheesy commercial tack, but there are less commerical places like rock city (no explanation needed) and Stealth (proper house music and techno).
Reply 6
it's not confusing, it's Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham Forest
Reply 7
yeh but my point was that Notts are based in the city but are named after the county and Forest are based in the county but named after the city
Reply 8
Last night in town there were lots of new students wandering around, the city centre was packed everywhere! Most of them looked like lost little puppies bless em lol
Hehe one of those was probably me!

I've been here just over a week ok and I've been to:

Halo (was Mode I think) - ok-pretty good
Oceana - massive and pretty good, liked the lil different rooms
Ocean - was really good
Rock City/Stealth/Rescue Rooms - all in one night, didn't really see much of the last two but I wasn't very keen on Rock City. Personal tastes though.

Tonight I'm probably going to Gatecrasher...

So it seems like there's quite a few places to go but I can't say if you'll like them or not because I'm not you...Also i think these are just the main places, I have no idea about other clubs and bars because I've only been on organised Fresher's events so far.
Reply 10
The best nights now to go to Gatecrasher in my view are friday night as they have big DJ's on, so far since it reopend a few weeks ago theres been Armin Van Buuren and tommorow night the legend that is Paul Oakenfold is in town oh yehhhhhhhhhh!
there are loooadsa places, nottingham is rather student based, with student nights every weeek in diff places...from the bigger clubs like ocenia to smaller ones like halo, bzr and i-bar, there are loots of diff clubs with all diff music so youl find something to your liking. (too many places to name)

ps....it is annoing when people call forest notts forest :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending