The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Applying for 2 courses at Nottingham

When I visited Nottingham to study History and French I really loved it. On the open day I spoke to Dr Smith about grades to get in, and he said that although the prospectus says ABC, AAB/ABB is more realistic. He then said I could concidor European Studies and Modern Languages instead (BBB/BBC) and take European History, French and Spanish.

Because I loved the university so much I want to apply for both courses, but is this a good idea? Would this be a waste of a space? And would they accept me for European Studies and not History/French because I applied for two, or could they offer me both?

Also, if they offered me European Studies and I accepted it, but then got AAB, would I be able to transfer onto that course?

I hope someone can help!

Thank you x
If Nottingham is where you want to go, then it's worth trying for two I guess- you could have them as both firm and insurance choices. I know people who got multiple offers from one university and I know people who got one offer and one rejection- I guess it just depends!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks! i think i'm just going to stick to applying for one, as spoke to admissions tutor who said that there is a possibility of being offered that course if you get rejected from the other....thanks for your help tho! x
Reply 3
There is that opportunity, but then your PS would have to be extremely tailored to the other course, and it would be rare if they did do that. I would be very surprised if they did. I applied to Nottingham for both Management Studies and Management Studies with French and got offers from both. If you really want to come here, then I'd advise you applying for both and not chancing it on the fact that you might get offered a place on your other course.

Latest

Trending

Trending