The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I asked the same question and i was told that they are both the same thing. If you look at the LSE website, the Government course has (Politics) next to it. In my ps, i refered to "this field" but i am not sure if this is the best way.
T_Bag
I did Government & Politics, but can i just refer to it as Politics? Or is that wrong somehow? ...they shouldnt really even care as its totally different to what im applying for, just making sure.

Thanks
T_Bag

So you did a Govt. and Politics A-level?

I don't see why you can't refer to it as just Politics (I'm guessing you want to do that because of your word-count - otherwise I'd say give the full title, only because it sounds proper, but it shouldn't matter either way) - so long as you have the full qualification name in your "Education" section, any admissions tutor with half a brain should be able to see which subject you mean by "Politics" :smile:
Reply 3
So long as you don't shorten it to "Govt&Poltcz" or something ridiculous.

Politics would be just fine.
Rhys.

Haha! What are you on about?! I think "Govt&Poltcz" would go down reeeeally well with universities! :p:
Reply 5
Rhys.

:laugh:

Haha, yeah politics should be ok as most politics a-level are generally government and politics, hence they probably are aquainted with people calling it that!
I called it Politics. LSE should just change the name of the course, it would cause less confusion.

All thought if you look at the site there isnt any, I supose its interchangable non?
kashmir.noir
I called it Politics. LSE should just change the name of the course, it would cause less confusion.

All thought if you look at the site there isnt any, I supose its interchangable non?

Not in terms of meaning. Government is the study of institutions, politics goes much deeper, and analyses the relationships between people, families, societies.
Reply 8
Rhys.

Hehe. :p:
Reply 9
No i meant the a level course, ahh ok cheers everyone.
can i use English instead of english literature?
maddi_666

If you're going to do that, I would suggest you refer to it as "English Literature" the first time, and as "English" thereafter - simply because if you just refer to it as "English", that could mean "English Lit.", "English Lang." or "English Lit./Lang." :smile:
Reply 12
maddi_666

I did. I referred to literature a fair bit too so I think (okay, I hope) it was clear I wasn't applying for language etc. Hmm.

Latest

Trending

Trending