The Student Room Group

Which London Uni?

Hi, I am sending off my ucas application next week and I have one spot left.
I have never really thought about going to uni in London until now because I am a devonshire girl born and bred. However now I am thinking about it because I get so bored with rural life and just want a change.

But as i havent researched the london unis I dont know which one to choose.

I want to do german and spanish ab initio and I am predicted AAB.
Are any of the london unis campus unis?? I like campus unis a lot. I would also like one with a good community feel to it.

Any help is appreciated. thanks:smile:
Reply 1
UCL is out of the question, you need A Level Spanish to be able to do it there, which is a shame because UCL is very good for languages; Kings is the same too unfortunately.
Royal Holloway is your best choice considering you don't have A Level Spanish. It's excellent for languages and I'm pretty sure they don't need you to have an A Level in Spanish (although you might want to check that out), plus it's got a really nice campus (it's not actually in London though, it's nearby in Surrey).
Reply 2
Royal Holloway isn't in London, it's in Surrey. If you're looking for Urban that won't help, nice place as it is.

I'll recommend King's. But then I am biased ;-)
Reply 3
Zoecb
Royal Holloway isn't in London, it's in Surrey. If you're looking for Urban that won't help, nice place as it is.

I'll recommend King's. But then I am biased ;-)

I did actually say it wasn't in London.
And King's, nice place as it is, won't let her in without an A Level in Spanish according to http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ugp08/programme/178

Try reading the thread:rolleyes:
Reply 4
London Met
Queen Mary does German and Hispanic Studies, and is a campus university located close-ish to the centre of London. You don't have to have had any Spanish experiance and can study different 'Hispanic' languages e.g. Catalan.
Reply 6
Royal Holloway is your best choice considering you don't have A Level Spanish. It's excellent for languages and I'm pretty sure they don't need you to have an A Level in Spanish (although you might want to check that out), plus it's got a really nice campus (it's not actually in London though, it's nearby in Surrey).

I wouldn't recommend Egham if you are fed up of rural. It's not a bustling metropolis!
Reply 7
Don't know what I did wrong there, I was quoting someone else. You must excuse me I'm new here and still learning.

By the way I think Royal Holloway is a lovely campus but just think it doesn't sound like its in the right place for what you are looking for.
Reply 8
Maybe not location-wise but it's one of the best options academically-speaking when she hasn't done A Level Spanish.

Latest

Trending

Trending