The Student Room Group

Dentistry

My friend (trying to get onto TSR but failing) wants to do Dentistry. What are his chances of getting on to a course:

GCSE: 3A 3B 3C
His 3A : Maths Physics Chemistry
3B : Biology Home Economics History
3C : English Lang + Lit French

AS: (predicted)
Physics A
Chemistry A
Biology B
Business Studies A
Gen Studies B

Also, any advice on what he should carry on for A2... Loadsa work experience , just academic advice
Try the dentistry sub-forum?
Reply 2
Too late now :frown:
Reply 3
his GCSE's arnt that great, but he can make up for that by really good AS's and A2's....he should probably take chemistry and biology for 2nd year, uni's hate general studies, so not that one, physics would be good as a 3rd subject but may be very difficult, but either physics or business studies is fine. hope this helps.
Reply 4
Thanks anyone else???
Reply 5
his gcse's lack one, but thats ok, they arent what other dent applicants are gettin, but his AS's look pretty good. If he could get an A in biology and stick with what hes predicted itll be very good!
A2, yes as sed he should drop gen studs, becuz loads of dent unis exclude the subject, and keep Chem, bio, i would probably take the easier of the other two as the unis wont mind about that grade, its really just the bio and chem.
If you wnt, tel him to look at ucas, because sometimes you can take only one of bio or chem to AS at grade A, and itll make A2 easier, jsut have a look and see what comes up!
Gd luck to him!
Reply 6
a lot of unis ask for english to be at least a grade A or B at gcse, so he might have to check. some ask for majority As and Bs as well for gcse. Definately getting As in chem n bio A2 will put him in advantage. I would do chem bio n business for A2. running a dental practice has a lot to do with business. hope that helps.
Reply 7
Lol wish I was predicted A's :p:

Latest